“Long Time Fan”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Salem, Oregon
“Long Time Fan”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Tidal Raves has been a favorite of mine for a couple of decades a least, so I'm a little biased. I made a 5PM reservation for the first evening of our long weekend in Depoe Bay and we were promptly seated at a window table. Our server greeted us with a nice smile and told us the special for the evening, Thai wild salmon with rice. Perusing the menu, my wife said, "this is not good," because she wanted a fish dish--she's allergic to shellfish--but most had a shellfish sauce. Our server said the sauces are made to order so it would be no problem omitting the shellfish portion. She ordered wild salmon with garlic mashed potatoes and I ordered the Thai salmon special and we both had salad w/ their great bread. Both meals were excellent and the Thai spice was very subtle and much to my liking. Our total bill + tip was $63. Frankly, I have never been disappointed on any of the numerous occasions I've dined at Tidal Raves. You may have a different experience but you'll never know until you try it, but I would suggest making reservations because it always seems busy.

• Visited April 2013

Bend, Oregon
“Sunset Dinner”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Look in the newspaper and see what time the sun sets. Call and make a reservation. Ask for a window table. If there are no window tables when you arrive, tell them you will wait. The view is half the enjoyment. The food is delicious, or so I have heard. I have only had the Cioppino. I cannot go there and order anything else. Make sure you ask for lots of bread to dunk. There is a full bar and a fine wine list. If this is your first time, it won't be your last.

• Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Restaurant with a beautiful view!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We did not have reservations for lunch and they sat us (a table for 8). The food was great and their specialty cocktails were superb. The fresh seafood was prepared well and the variety was nice. We will definitely go back!

• Visited March 2013
Sherwood, Oregon
“a destination with a view”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We will make a day of it from Portland for the view and food! This is on our top 5 restraunts. Never disappointed everything is flavorful and the view is outstanding. Its reasonably priced and the portions are perfect. Save room for dessert or take it with you for later. Our favorite items are salad and chowders along with any of their seafood items. Casual atmosphere. You may want to make reservations if you go on a weekend.

• Visited February 2013
Idaho
“Sea view & Great Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. It's a great place to eat & watch the sunset. It has great ocean views. I love their fresh fish. Food is always consistent & very good.

Visited March 2013