“Decent enough pastries and doughnuts, maybe a bit pricey, even for the area”
Review of Depoe Baykery

Depoe Baykery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Depoe Bay
Reviewed July 8, 2014

While my wife and I stayed in a condominium at Depoe Bay for the week, we heard about the Depoe Baykery and kept promising each other that we’d stop in to try their pastries. On Sunday morning, June 15, 2014, after we had checked out and packed the car, while we were starting on the road back to Utah, we finally stopped in to get some of their pastries.
I thought their prices were a bit high, but decided to get a full dozen of mixed doughnuts and such to save a little bit off the price by each. While I thought the flavors were good in their fritters, maple bars, doughnuts, and others, I thought some of them were a bit on the fluffy side. The maple bar is the one that made me notice it first. It seemed less like a maple bar and more like a regular raised doughnut without a hole, squared off, and with some maple icing. Most the ones I’m used to are more substantial. One reason for the fluffiness might be that Depoe Baykery still uses the Spudnut recipes for some of their offerings.
If and when we return to Depoe Bay for a vacation, we might go there again for some more, but I think I won’t try for some on the way out of town, again. It was tricky juggling the flat box of goodies on top of the boxes and cooler and such in the back seat of our packed car.

1  Thank Brightpool

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Loved everything we tried. It's hard to find good fresh baked donuts in this area. The breads and buns are light and filled with unexpected and delicious flavors. They have baked goods I've never seen before, but I hope to try them all. Marionberry bearclaws!

1  Thank Lee L
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Took the recommendation of another trip advisor review and made two special trips (closed on Tuesday - our first trip) to try the apple fritters. One of the worst we've ever had with only 2 little chunks of apple in the whole fritter and dry dough. Took friends who had other types of donuts and they were just OK. I depend on trip advisor for reviews of local fare, so it was disappointing to make this special trip for below average donuts and a higher price. I hope this helps someone else who is considering the apple fritters because of trip advisor reviews stating the best in the world Definitely NOT!

2  Thank LakePowellPal
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Love this little out of the way bakery. Excellent baked good, but most especially in love with their chocolate gluten free cookies. They are to die for. I kid you not. Taste like brownies in a cookie form. Don't care about the gluten issue, just love the cookies. Also most excellent sweet rolls, donuts and breads as well.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Depoe Baykery is great. They make the best apple fritters in the entire world. Raspberry, blueberry and marionberry fritters on weekends. Wonderful bread. They donate all tips to the Operation Care Package organizations (postage for mailing packages overseas to American troops). Wonderful people. Good prices.