Tripadvisor

Surfrider Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Surfrider Restaurant is open to the public for a unique oceanfront dining experience in both our restaurant and bar. Enjoy breathtaking views of ocean waves crashing on the rocks below while tempting your taste buds with a menu designed for all. We offer all the dishes you want when you are on the coast with creamy clam chowder, hand battered fish n chips, seafood fettuccine and crab cake eggs Benedict with the best sauce around! For our other guests, we have burgers, quesadillas, and great salads. Join us for Wine Wednesdays with 4.00 house wines. Sunday and Wednesday nights are also prime rib nights. We have happy hour from 3-5 daily in our bar. Friday nights from Memorial Day through August are our SEAFOOD BUFFET! Crab, salmon, shrimp... tons of sides and seafood options. We also have private dining and buffet services with a full catering menu. Please call us with any questions.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

So I was trying to find somewhere to eat at 7:50 at night along the coast between Lincoln City and Depot bay. Stopped in as the other restaurant I went to was closed at 8pm. They stated I could order anything g off the menu still before 8pm. Ordered Halibut fish and chips with a cup of chowder. Good came out at a reasonable time and chowder was decent. Fish and chips was basic but tasted ok. My issue is service, never got any silverware even though I asked twice had to keep asking for a refill on my soda. They could not even ring the bill up correctly I had to correct them. Service gets one star food gets two. In my opinion skip this place as it was not busy and I heard several people complain. I still tipped because that is who I am but they really other than the cool did not deserve it. I travel a lot for business and will never go back. Honestly would rather go to McDonalds then back to this place.

1  Thank michaeldA9136PI
Write a reviewReviews (312)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

My husband and I wanted to enjoy the safety of Surfrider while watching the King Tides and having a nice lunch. I called ahead for reservations and we had the coveted corner table. Everything we have tried on the menu has been good, so take your pick. I did order the jalapeno poppers that were supposed to come wrapped in bacon. No bacon was on the dish, but they did serve them on bread, which was a nice addition. The servers were especially nice and efficient. The restaurant is clean and we will definitely return!

1  Thank Gdalelovers
Reviewed January 14, 2020

The views from the windows of the ocean in winter are beyond belief, especially when the storms come in. Staff was very friendly, everyone felt welcomed. Food is fine, very solid for the price, but don't expect anything fancy. Breakfast was good for all, and a good value. Worth a stop to see the ocean views.

1  Thank marty185
Reviewed January 10, 2020

This is an unassuming restaurant attached to the Clarion Surfrider Resort. It is very casual but with a spectacular view of the coastline. We were there for an overnight and it was rainy so we didn't want to go far for dinner (or breakfast). It was a Thursday night & not very busy. I only saw one server but he was very efficient and we did not wait long to order. Our table had Halibut & Salmon and both were very good. The following morning we had breakfast there (Eggs Benedict, over easy & scrambled) and everyone enjoyed their meal. The hash browns were particularly good and the waitress was pleasant and attentive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

In the middle of remodeling. My "macadamia crusted fish" was anything but encrusted and was overcooked. Only one waitress, and she was rushed. The dessert was the best part of the meal and was not made on site. Won't go back! It was my husband's birthday and no kind of birthday discount, celebration or "free" birthday dessert.

Date of visit: December 2019