“Not Imprested!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This was average food. I would not go out of my was to eat there again. The services was so so not that impressed.

2  Thank Stephanie P

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I visited this restaurant for lunch while staying at the Surfrider Hotel. The views are fabulous, but there is no outdoor seating. If I wasn't a guest at the hotel, with my own private deck, I might have been disappointed that there was no outdoor seating. Then again, given that the coastal wind is strong, perhaps it is logical NOT to have outdoor seating. I had a cup of clam chowder to start. It was very thick, and heavier on clams than potatoes - wonderful. My main course was Pacific Rockfish and chips. The Rockfish was mild and flaky. It was battered in a light, beer-batter type crust, and fried to crispy perfection. The accompanying coleslaw was fresh and also mild. The fries were a bit mushy. I found the prices on the higher side for a beachside seafood restaurant. I usually try the crabcakes everywhere I go, but they were only available for dinner (not lunch), and were $16 for an appetizer portion. I didn't return for dinner, not being in the mood to splurge.

1  Thank Christi B
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We went to the Surfrider on a Friday night to try out their seafood buffet. I had the buffet and my wife had the ribeye steak. We sat and enjoyed the amazing view of the Pacific Ocean, and waited for our server. And waited...and waited. At last we were able to order. I went for the buffet and started noticing everything was a little stale. The crab, coconut shrimp, and clam chowder were respectable. Everything else was sub-par, and I began to wish I had gone somewhere else. The slow service continued throughout the night. My wife said her steak was ok, not tremendous. We waited for the server to drop off the bill. And waited. And waited. Eventually I had to take my one-year-old out because she was getting restless. I waited another 15 minutes until my wife finally came out. She said she saw another server and waived them down to get our server. Another two tables around us had to do the same thing. Not impressed.

2  Thank bountifulutetraveler
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Ate breakfast here one morning while we were staying in Lincoln City. The great things about this restaurant is that the view is outstanding and so is the food. They have a large menu selection and decent prices. I recommend breakfast here if you are in the area.

1  Thank Biggyniner
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were there on Friday night and the place was busy. We had a new server and the service was slow. My wife had the Crab Louie and I had the ribeye steak. The Crab Louie was good as was the preparation of the steak, which also had tasty grilled vegetables on the side. But my side salad was just average, as was the bread. (Alcoholic) drinks were good and inexpensive.

They had a seafood buffet that looked tempting (wide variety of choices), but would have been too much to eat.

Decor was dated (as was the menu) but the view is fantastic. Call ahead and reserve a table facing the park (much better than the ocean view, IMHO).

2  Thank almyt