“Average, with a great view, like nearly every other hotel restaurant on the Oregon coast”

Surfrider Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We dined in the bar, the server replied "lots of bottles" when asked what kind of bottled beers! Definitively average in all aspects, with the exception of the stellar view.

1  Thank Finleythedog

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Halibut fish/chips was best I've ever had...My wife had halibut sandwich, was excellent. Will do it again, next trip.

1  Thank smartyr1
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I wish I could mark "3.5 dots". Overall this was a good place, better than average but not really "very" good!

It's a bit spartan and the menu is a little old fashioned, but the view is terrific. Book ahead and ask for one of the two tables at the ocean end.

We ate here on a Saturday night in the winter and were the only people there for a while! It did get busier a little later, though. Our server was very friendly.

Prices range from about $15 to $24 for dinners, which include soup or salad, starch and veggies.

We ordered drinks. My husband's wasn't quite right and I had to re-order my beer since they had a problem with the keg. Okay, things do happen......

We ordered the crab & artichoke dip appetizer, which was good, although the chips were stale. The bread was wonderful - very fresh and warm and tasted as if it were just baked. However, if you want more, they charge $1 per person......

I ordered the chicken and proscuitto. But then our server returned and said they didn't have any proscuitto! So I had to re-order my dinner, and decided on the halibut with macadamia nut crust.

The salads were good but quite small. Our dinners were quite slow coming out.

Finally they arrived. My husband had ordered the beef roulade and he said it was very good. My fish was typical frozen halibut but the crust seemed hand done and the glaze was delicious. Veggies were fresh. Portions are generous.

By the time we finished eating, the restaurant was much busier and there were only two servers. We felt they were understaffed.

But overall we had pretty good food and a reasonably good dining experience with a nice view.

4  Thank half-Brit
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Fantastic views of the ocean
Have $21.95 seafood buffet on Friday nights
Nice wine and beer selection
Good fish, pasta, and salad dishes
Loved their steamed clams