“Authentic BBQ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Arizona
“Authentic BBQ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is good BBQ! We ate here back in 2013 and came back again in June 2014. It's great for take-out or eat-in in the small eclectic dining area filled with oddball mementos. The St. Louis style ribs were delicious. My wife usually goes for the pulled pork sandwiches. You get a couple of sides with your meal, and they have some unusual beers to choose from (bottled only, no draft). The vinegar based cole slaw is delicious. There are three sauces on the table including sweet and hot. And they have some home baked individual pies that are very tasty after the mains. During the summer on Saturdays they sometimes have a crab and shrimp boil - we have never tried it, but next year, we will have to give that a go too.

1 Thank saratojo

Portland, Oregon
“We keep coming back”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I gave this restaurant a 5 star rating, not because it's the best food ever but because it is a place that we just keep coming back to time and again. Yes, the BBQ is really good, especially the sandwiches; pulled pork, the SOB and the version with bacon (really the best). The sandwiches are big (we usually split one), the sides are all good (well, maybe the beans are a little too sweet for me but my husband really likes them) and the owner is welcoming and the place is quirky and interesting.
We wouldn't go to Depoe Bay without eating there at least once and usually a couple of times.

1 Thank Diane D
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Good Bar-B-Q Shack”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Solid Bar-B-Q joint. I had the pork sliders, which came with cole slaw, plus the potato salad and beans. Wife had the pulled pork sandwich. Competent, nicely done. I had the pie, afterwards. Peach. Skip the pie, as the filling is way too thick and not because of the fruit.

1 Thank polaris22
Oregon City, Oregon
“Very Good BBQ”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I have been there several times and it's always good. BBQ isn't easy but Bonepile has got it figured out We stop by every time we're in town!

• Visited February 2014
Depoe Bay, Oregon
“No bones about it...”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I must say, this is some of the best BBQ pork I've ever tasted. I'm especially a fan because the meats are local and fresh. The walls of memorabilia make for an entertaining atmosphere. You gotta add bacon to your sandwich, it's to die for. I'll return again and bring some friends.

• Visited March 2014