“Great food, even better service”
Review of Jack's Steaks N Seafood - CLOSED

Jack's Steaks N Seafood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I had written a previous review for Jack's, but decided to write a new one based on our second visit!

The first visit was for lunch and it was good - gave it a four star overall.

However, our second visit was for dinner and it deserved a five star rating! First off, our server Amy was the same server we'd had on our previous visit and she recognized us. She was super friendly both times, but it was so nice to be recognized after only one visit. She rocks!! Her service is great, and she is so friendly! Awesome!

Our food was super too. My husband was excited to try his favorite, the chicken fried steak. It was good - not his absolute favorite, but very tasty. The mashed potatoes were super good!! I decided on a steak. I don't order steak often, but want one now and then. This is where I'll go around here for a steak! It was a ribeye, and it was cooked to perfection, exactly the way I wanted it. It is a no-frills steak, and seriously tasty. I had a baked potato (leftover for the next day) that was wonderful also.

We'll definitely be going back to Jack's. And sit in Amy's section! :) We recommend you try it out!

There are newer reviews for Jack's Steaks N Seafood

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stopped by again during President's Day weekend...the restaurant was PACKED but the service and food did not disappoint. Best salad bar I've ever seen. Items were extremely fresh.

Reviewed September 7, 2009

We just got home from our first trip to Jack's. The salad bar was well stocked with fresh veggies and salads and the french onion soup was simple and well prepared. My boyfriend has been craving a good burger for about two weeks and he says that his bacon cheeseburger satisfied. The prices are very reasonable as well. We sat in the lounge and the service was friendly and professional. We enjoyed the whole experience very much and will be recommending to all our friends and neighbors.

Reviewed August 31, 2009

How hard is it to make your own mashed potatoes? Obviously hard for Jacks...mashers made from potato flakes, gravy made from a package, burnt chicken fried steak...the worst meal I have ever had in 50 years.

1  Thank 021910e
Reviewed August 28, 2009

My husband and drove past this fabulous little restaurant on our way to our weekend condo. After a long drive down and getting settled in for our weekend it was 8:45 before we headed out for dinner. We arrived at Jack's at 8:50 pm (they close at 9:00) and were warmly greeted by our fabulous waiter Maurice. I chose the salad and soup bar and my husband ordered the Spencer rib eye. His steak was so tender and tasty that I almost wished I had ordered that too. BUT..the salad bar had tons of yummy toppings and other types of salads and the soup was really good too. Even after the restaurant had closed (we never felt rushed out at all) they kept the salad bar open until they knew that I was completely finished. Maurice has perfect timing when approaching the table without seeming like he's hovering. The atmoshere was more "cafeish" feeling but it was very clean and comfortable. The staff even made some calls for us to find out a few grocery store hours. We recommend Jack's wholeheartedly and will most definitely return for another great meal and service!!