“Location Location”
Review of Inn at Arch Rock

Inn at Arch Rock
Ranked #3 of 7 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2014

For a few day get away my wife and I spent two nights in Astoria and made one of our most favorite drives down the Oregon coast to Depoe Bay and stayed at the Inn at Arch Rock. The inn is located on a cliff above a cove that overlooks the coast so it location, location. Our room was very nice and had a small outside area with seating. We wondered why it was call Arch Rock and when we checked in saw a photo from 1951 when there was and arch but due to erosion the arch is no longer there but with just two ends. The inn has a nice lawn with chairs that front the cove and wooden steps that descend for about three hundred steps down to a small beach with the last leg being an aluminum ladder at a 70 degree incline with about 20 steps. Being 72 years of age I am now longer young, foolish or have a death wish to have gone down to the beach. A very nice inn located outside the town center but in walking distance to the wonderful Tidal Raves Restaurant.

Room Tip: My wife and I always go for ground floor rooms where there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lovely facility...we stayed for 2 nights and loved it! The welcoming Cream Sherry was a complete surprise and our room felt like a cozy B&B. the views are fantastic....such a comfortable inn and wonderful and friendly staff! Hope to be back again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My hubby and I were road tripping with no planned stops or reservations in high season in Oregon so finding hotels was proving to be a stressful endeavor. Luckily Inn at Arch Rock had a vacancy when we showed up in Depoe Bay and we loved it so much we stayed 3 nights!! Sue was absolutely awesome and took us right in and showed us the available rooms (yes, we actually got a preview of the rooms available and picked our favorite!!) and she gave us the low down on the area and resident whales, etc. She even came running up to our room to let us know that there was a whale in the cove because I was so excited to see one. The views are incredible, the rooms large, quiet, clean and cozy. We felt like we were coming home at the end of every day. As others have said, tons of amenities provided as well. The area is gorgeous with a cute main road with shops and excellent restaurants. We were surprised to find that many of the coastal towns are big and busy so Depoe Bay was perfect for us. I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking to kick back and relax. The staff are beyond wonderful and the rooms we saw were both amazing, we stayed in 12. The price was right too, we were expecting it to cost way more in July! I can't say enough about this place, we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our friends and ourselves were looking for somewhere to stay so we could go Whale watching. We picked this hotel as it caught our eye when passing. We were offered rooms in a new building which had only been open a short time. Beautiful large rooms, spotlessly clean, with fantastic views of the bay where we could sit on the balcony at watch the whales in the bay (binoculars provided!). Great friendly staff - lovely breakfast - steps down to a small private beach, and a fire pit for anyone's use. Loved our stay and if we are ever in Oregon again we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Not cheap but more than worth it!

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for the best rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

First time in Oregon and I'm so happy to have stayed at the Inn at Arch Rock. We came here for our 15 year wedding anniversary. Our room was extremely clean, the view was incredible, the employees friendly, and a fabulous overall experience. Breakfast was small, but adequate. Quick walk to restaurants and shops. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a great time time!
We stayed in room 14. 2nd floor, 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bath, kitchen, dining area, living room, fireplace, 2 decks.
The room is nice. The whole family thought it was very nice.
There is a nice lawn area in the back for the 2 year old.
On thing to note if you bring a large group is that parking is limited.

The small secluded beach was great for the 2 year old. No big waves. Reminded me of something out of a movie. The stairs are steep, but we made it down with the 2 year old. The beach is somewhat sheltered. We had a great time.

It was a beautiful day, but I imagine the rooms would be a good place for storm watching in the winter.

We didn’t make a fire, but someone else did. They provide the firewood, no charge.

They also have a continental breakfast. Hot coffee, host chocolate, tea, pastries, bagel and cream cheese, juices, etc. It was fresh and good. I especially liked the cinnamon roll – don’t normally eat them, but I was on vacation.

We drank coffee and watched the whales through the binoculars (provided) in the morning. We took a whale watching trip the day before and this was a good addition. Tip, if you see the whale watching zodiacs hanging around somewhere look there.

They have WiFi in the room. I didn't use it much, but my son did and thought the speed was good.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

This just got added to our list of favorites on the Oregon coast.

We made reservations to go back in 2 months.

Room Tip: For 6 people I would take room 14 again. Room 1 is right below it, not quite as big, but a good alt...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TrailMoose
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I needed a quick get away weekend, and stumbled on to this place since availability on the coast was more limited (at our preferred locations). It was a pleasant surprise, just around the corner from our favorite local restaurant (Tidal Raves). The views are superb with lots of wave action, and there is a small staircase / ladder down to a private little beach cove. The buildings are pretty old, but in excellent shape, well maintained, and rooms are nicely laid out (very clever use of a small space). There is also a nice none-chain coffee house (Pirate Coffee) just around the corner on hwy 101 a short walk away. Enjoyed our stay, and will add it to the list of proven places to stay in Depoe / Newport Bay area.

Room Tip: I think the older building rooms (original Motel) are better placed and "cozier"
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
#8 of 35 in Lincoln City
Channel House
Channel House
#2 of 7 in Depoe Bay

Been to Inn at Arch Rock? Share your experiences!