“Excellent Place to Stay on the Oregon Coast”
Review of Inn at Arch Rock

Inn at Arch Rock
Ranked #2 of 7 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Creswell, Oregon
“Excellent Place to Stay on the Oregon Coast”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I just returned from a mini vacation at the Oregon Coast. I spent two nights at the Inn At Arch Rock and have nothing but positive things to say about them. I was looking for a place to escape to and this was the perfect place. I stayed in Room # 12 and it was just perfect. There was a big window with a view to the bay and the ocean. There was a very comfy loveseat to cuddle up in with a good book. When I went looking for an extra blanket I was thrilled to not find they typical hotel blanket but a nice big quilt.

The room was also very quiet, even sleeping with the windows open the only noise I heard was the waves outside. If you are looking for a quiet quaint place to escape to this is it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Sparks, Nevada, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We just got back from a 10 day road trip from Reno to Victoria BC. On the way back our group stopped for a night at Inn at Arch Rock. Our group took all but 2 rooms at the Inn and each one of us had a wonderful experience. The rooms were all unique and lovely with a decanter of Sherry in each room to welcome us. Our views could not have been better. The managers Guy and Susan were the perfect hosts. The single night at the Inn at Arch Rock was the most memorable of the entire trip.

Room Tip: The penthouse suite is worth the price. It feels like home and has the best views with 2 decks.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great room overlooking the ocean and town. Very good value, kitchenette, large clean room. Huge DVD library to borrow from. The front desk is staffed until 8 pm. We realized we would get back from dinner after they closed so I called to ask if they'd leave a particular title outside the door. It was waiting for us after our long post-dinner walk. Very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the best available ocean view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Wow, there are so many things to say about this stay. Let's start with the view. We had room 12 which was superb! It is on the second floor and the end of the walkway which means no traffic coming your way. The view... Can't describe how gorgeous it is. There is a sitting area in the room. If you are sitting in your room and looking at Depoe Bay, you have the feeling that you are on top of the ocean. The room was very clean even though the inn is older, the bed comfortable, the staff very friendly and quite honestly, I can't say anything negative. There are also rooms that have kitchenettes and full kitchens Did I mention the private beach? You do have lots of stairs to make it down there but it is well worth it. There are a few rooms that do take pets also so everyone can come!

I think I have found a new tradition for us. Any time we fly to Oregon to see family, we will be heading to Inn at Arch Rock in Depoe Bay! You can not go wrong. Oh did I mention that there is a surprise in each room when you arrive for adults? You need to visit to see what that surprise is!

Room Tip: From what I could tell if possible I would stay in an upstairs room if wanting the best views, but a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Welches, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

When we drove in to this B&B located in a neighborhood, I didn't expect much. What an unexpected treat to be so wrong. The room is clean and spacious with quite a kitchen and seperate living, bed and dining area. The view out my windows was stunning. The hotel staff, especially the young man with red hair (sorry I have forgotten your name) were very accommodating, even giving us a discount for adding an extra night. When we arrived, there was an anniversary card and some Brandy to celebrate. But best of all, a private cove at the base of a deep staircase. We were always alone down there and it really felt like our own private slice of paradise! Thank you so much!

• Stayed July 2012
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My spouse and I stayed here for an anniversary weekend. We have been coming here for the past few years, and the management just gets better and better. We always stay in Room 8 because it is pet-friendly, and we like to bring our cat. This is one of the few hotels or vacation rentals on the OR coast that says "pet-friendly" and doesn't mean just "dog-friendly." We noticed this time that the couch had been re-upholstered and the shower (and shower curtain) upgraded. Also, the wireless Internet now reaches to the guest rooms (used to be confined to the office area). Room 8 has a kitchenette with a 2-burner stove and fridge, so we can cook and eat in, save $$ and feel right at home. The view from this room is incredible. You can see the spouting horns and harbor entrance. Last year we came around Thanksgiving when there was a big storm, and the spouting horns must have been 30 feet in the air!! At that time we also lost the oil cap to our car. We inquired at the office to see if the desk clerk knew of an auto parts store closer than Newport or Lincoln City. She didn't, but got the manager, who jerry-rigged a cap out of a soda can using wire cutters! It got us all the way back to Portland. Now that was customer service above and beyond the call of duty! We all love the Inn at Arch Rock (even the cat, who gets very excited to be there) and will come back as often as we can. The town of Depoe Bay itself is very picturesque and pleasant to walk around in, but it is also a short drive from Boiler Bay, Fogerty Creek, Rocky Creek, Otter Crest and other parks and viewpoints, and equidistant from Lincoln City and Newport with more beaches and attractions.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
salem
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My 10 yr old son and I had such a wonderful cozy night stay in our #7 room. The space was perfect for the two of us. I have always been a little more high maintenance and very germ-a-phobic, so when I had received a gift card for this place I was a little worried that I would not be as pleased as I would a hotel setting. However, The Arch gave us such a cozy homey feeling, and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. The service was very friendly, and when I couldn't figure out my t.v, Boe, the front desk gentleman, gave us a call back just to make sure it was working. To top it all off, the view is amazing!!!! Our window pretty much was a picture perfect looking out into the waters, it was beautiful!!!. There was also a private mini beach, cove, for us to go down and we found so many treasures =) *agates* The view is worth every bit of the money. We will be returning again!!!

Room Tip: Room #7 is perfect for two. Perfect view right into the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Travelodge Depoe Bay
#2 of 5 in Depoe Bay
Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort

Been to Inn at Arch Rock? Share your experiences!