“Paradise...”

Whale Cove Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Depoe Bay
“Paradise...”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I got married in November of 2011and stayed here. This resort is perfect in every way. The views, the exquisite service, the fantastic room, and all of the staff from housekeeping, desk personnel, the restaurant, and management made our experience unforgettable. I made a couple of special requests which were executed brilliantly. They even went out of their way to do other wonderful things unexpectedly to make sure we were completely satisfied. This review is being submitted years later because I did not realize how important these reviews are to others including the respective resorts. On top of all of the stellar attributes, the drive along the Oregon coast is truly amazing. If you are thinking about staying along the Oregon coast, I do not think any place could trump the Whale Cove.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank nelson2142

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We got a "once in a lifetime" half price deal to stay here, so we dropped everything and headed to the beach. This is a beautiful hotel. It is small and intimate. The rooms are so lovely that you want to pack the whole thing up and take it home. We decided to spend our entire stay in our room or the restaurant. There was music playing in the room when we arrived and the sun was shining outside. We went out to the deck and just gawked at the view. It was beautiful Mu husband actually saw an orca in the cove; I missed it. We had a drink on our deck and then went down to Restaurant Beck for dinner. This is a small, charming restaurant within the hotel. The view is of the cove. We had an unforgettable meal with an exceptional sunset. After dinner, we enjoyed the spa tub on our deck and then went to bed in a big, comfy king sized bed with seven pillows to choose from! The shower is big enough to hold a party inside. The room comes with a "continental breakfast". That turned out to be a platter of pastries, bowls of fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee and tea, waiting on our table! While we were wondering how we could possible eat everything, the waitperson/cook asked us if we wanted ham or smoked salmon quiche, or scrambled eggs with bacon! So much food, so little time. We went back to the room and enjoyed the view until the last possible moment. This is an expensive hotel. Look for specials, but, definitely, go there. It is probably the nicest place I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: The top floor gets more sun on the deck and the rooms have skylights. There is a three bedroom unit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fandmsmith
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The modern upscale hotel is located on a private cove. Service was great. Seals can be seen on rocks in the cove and there are occasional whale sightings from the hotel also. Awesome restaurant for dinner and Continental breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in April. Everything about this property exceeded our expectations. The rooms are graciously appointed and the hot tub on the deck with a bay view was the perfect end to a great day spent enjoying some of the fabulous trails in the Oregon coast area. The restaurant while on the property is not part of the hotel, however, the food and service is outstanding. I will definitely be returning to this Inn while visiting the area again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was a phenomenal place to stay! My husband and I were blown away by the views. Nothing on the website or in any pictures can show how spectacular the vistas are. It was amazing to sit in the outdoor jacuzzi and watch the seals and look for whales. The whole staff was friendly and unobtrusive. We are usually very picky and would recommend this hotel very strongly. It has beautiful spacious rooms that do not even compete with the view outside. All in all, a fantastic experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Irvine, CA
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Whale Cove Inn has to be one of the very best properties we have ever stayed in! Our suite (all of the rooms are suites) was extraordinarily comfortable and had a magnificent view. The service was perfect, as was the excellent buffet breakfast. The onsite Restaurant Beck is a real plus. A wonderful place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Roseburg, OR
Reviewed April 11, 2014

There are some nice furnishings and features to the rooms, but also some short-comings. For example, the 'wine cooler' in our room did not work, so they moved us to another room (a little smaller) and compensated us with a bottle of wine. That was all fine, but why do they use wine coolers in the rooms instead of a little refrigerator (like most hotels do)? Wine coolers are notorious for breaking down within a year, and don't keep things nearly as cool as the little refrigerators. Guests like to keep things other than just wine chilled (like medication or doggy bags from restaurants that one wants to have for lunch the next day). And also a little microwave in the room is pretty much standard now, but none are to be found in any of the rooms here. I will say the bed was very comfortable. We didn't use the 'hot tub' on the balcony, so won't comment. The showers, however, are 'extravagant' with rain shower heads above and body sprays on the side. Personally, though, I don't care for the rain shower heads, as I don't always wash my hair everyday. So I have to use a shower cap instead of my usual towel wrapped around my head to keep my hair dry. My spouse and I both found the body sprays too fine to provide pulsing massage, and instead felt more like little needles, so we didn't use them. Also noted that the outdoor gas fire pits no longer work. Had to flush toilets twice before they emptied. Breakfast was very nice and plentiful. All in all, it feels like the place needs to be better kept up to justify their price tag of several hundred dollars a night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
#2 of 24 in Newport
Inn at Arch Rock
Inn at Arch Rock
#3 of 7 in Depoe Bay

Been to Whale Cove Inn? Share your experiences!