“Breathtaking views!!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Depoe Bay
Greenville, SC
“Breathtaking views!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I could have just relaxed all day in the huge, beautiful suite and watched the waves crash into the cove. It really was one of the most amazing views I have ever witnessed! We loved the soaking tub on the deck. The shower and bed will spoil anyone! Breakfast was a nice added touch and we enjoyed it very much! We only wish we would have had more time to enjoy the room and views!!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Niwot, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've been driving by Whale Cove for forty years, always curious to see the cove. The best way is to stay at the Whale Cove Inn. I was not disappointed. The setting is magical, the room was outstanding and the staff was wonderful. I loved waking up to the sound of the surf outside our sliding glass doors. The price of our room was a stretch but worth every dollar. Staying at the Whale Cove Inn was on my bucket list. Now I smile as I check this wish off and know my husband and I will return as soon as possible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Found the Whale Cove Inn on the internet and I'm happy I did. This is a luxury B&B with wonderful accomodations, views, and breakfast. Very secluded, and you can miss it on the road if you do not know where you are going. I would highly recommend this if you are traveling up the coast. It is worth, at least a one night stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have view of the cove, so I'm sure they are all good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our suite was huge, the view of Whale Cove Harbor was magazine-ready, and the staff were lovely and helpful. (Read my review about the on-site restaurant Beck elsewhere.). We were so comfortable and relaxed here. Even when our whale watch cruise was cancelled because of rough seas, we didn't mind as we could stay in our suite and watch the Ryder Cup on a clear, HD TV, looking out at the waves and the harbor whenever we wanted.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the Whale Cove Harbor, but the larger rooms have huge balconies, hot tubs, an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollywood Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Whale Cove Inn back in August, the room was top notch as well as the view. Everyone we encountered was professional, friendly and accomodating. The food was so fresh and tasted amazing. This is the type of place you can't wait to go back to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Whale Cove Inn for just one night, and I wish I could have stayed longer! It felt like being at home - in a REALLY nice home! :) I went zipping by in my search for a room for the night, on a fast and furious road-trip and I slammed on the breaks, turned around and went back to see what this place had to offer. So it must have curb appeal! I was intrigued. Kind of a modern - meets - quaint type of feel. There was so much history to take in, with all of the retro photos of the original buildings adorning the walls, but the new Inn is fresh and clean and modern and comfortable. I also felt very safe here. The front doors automatically locked at night, and it gave me a feeling of being in a "Safe harbour" as it were. :)

When I walked inside, I was sold - immediately! The atmosphere was elegant but cozy, with comfy seating areas and fires burning. There were delicious aromas coming from the open dining area of Restaurant Beck, and the desk staff (just one girl, actually, and her name escapes me), was friendly and very comfortable to deal with. She showed me the room type and I checked in right away, looking forward to a relaxing evening after a long drive.

The list of "positives" about this property are waaaay too long to fit into a review, but I'll try to cover a few things.

The girl (wish I could remember her name) guided me through all aspects of the amenities that the room offered, quickly and efficiently. How to work the gas fireplace, the jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the bay, the kitchenette, the rain shower...

There were chocolates on my pillow, beautiful, luxurious, complimentary toiletries. If you forgot to pack anything - this is the place to stay! They spare no details in looking after their guests!

There were three bottles of wine on the counter of the wet bar, and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed the one that I chose. They were VERY reasonably priced, and I was so happy not to have to find a liquor store at that point in the day (I really wanted a glass of wine).

I watched two grey whales swim past the cove, seconds after I closed the door to my suite (and when I say suite, I really mean it - this is not just a room! A person could live there!) I also woke up to hundreds of seals sunning themselves on the rocks adjacent to the property, shore birds singing and swooping past my balcony, and a lovely sunrise painting the sky.

But I'm just getting to the good part! Breakfast! When you're on a road-trip, breakfast is critical, and I was well looked after in that department. Andrea (I bow at her feet) was just amazing. She made me such a lovely breakfast, and the service was impeccable and the presentation of the food was so pretty and EVERYTHING tasted wonderful! I ate every bite of everything she gave me! Didn't need lunch or dinner! I wanted to bring Andrea with me for the rest of my trip! She's an absolute delight and such an asset to this business. I am attaching photos of my "buffet" even though it wasn't even a buffet (well, there was a small fresh food buffet as well, now that I think of it... fresh berries, cottage cheese, yogurt, fresh granola and churned butter. "Fresh" is the key word here.

So. If you are passing through the Depoe Bay area, and will require accommodations for one or more nights, stay at the Whale Cove Inn (but make sure Andrea is scheduled to work while you're there, first). This property is top-drawer, but the human aspect of things is really key to a solo traveller. It was one of the times on my long journey, that I didn't feel alone. :)

Room Tip: With the location of the Inn, right on the cove, I can't imagine any of the rooms being less tha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kara P
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We so enjoyed our stay at the Whale Cove Inn. The room was beautiful. The view was incredible. The food was wonderful. We were actually there in connection with a business meeting, but what a pleasant surprise to find such beauty. My father recently died, and it was such a gift to enjoy the unbelievable ocean view and just walk the grounds of the Inn. A great place to BREATH.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Inn at Arch Rock
Inn at Arch Rock
#3 of 7 in Depoe Bay
Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort

Been to Whale Cove Inn? Share your experiences!