“Beautiful”

Domaine Serene
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Dayton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join us at the winery for an unforgettable experience. Visit The Clubhouse at Domaine Serene seven days a week to enjoy exquisite Domaine Serene wines at the source, surrounded by the picturesque vineyards of our Winery Hill Estate. We offer tasting experiences for different occasions, from a casual drop-in tasting, to an intimate tour of our state-of-the-art winery building by appointment.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was our first stop on a day of wine tasting. Breathtaking. We sat outside and enjoyed a glass while taking in the lush grounds. I wish we had booked ahead for a tour or tasting. Our trip was last minute but if you can do it, I suggest it. A flight was $15, kind of on the higher side of tasting but worth the view.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We took their epicurean tour.. amazing.. they make so many wines that you'll only see here since the production is small.

Plus this was theiir pairing the wine with bites of food...so was a nice lite lunch during a day of winery visits.

Our tour guide was GREAT! it was like hanging out with a close friend. I'd go back every time I get to OR.

1  Thank modernartobsession
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Yes the wines are expensive and the tasting fee is steep. They still have big crowds and it does not appear they are lacking visitors. Bottom line though is that the wines are great and if you are into Pinot Noir this is a must stop.

Winery is beautiful and you can see for miles from the top of the Dundee Hills.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was my first and only visit to a winery, so I have nothing to compare it to. But the tour and tasting was very nice. The facilties and setting were beautiful. The tour of the winery was very informative. The guide was knowledgable about the winemaking process and the wines themselves. We very much enjoyed the visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Domaine Serene was recommended to us by a Willamette Pinot Camp attendee in 2011 because of its beautiful grounds and view. It definitely does have that. The tasting facility is gorgeous and elegant. But after our much more comfortable experience at another winery earlier in the day, this one felt a little stuffy and uninviting. It was very busy, and the young woman doing the pours couldn't give any single guest much attention. Nor did she work very hard to sell the wine (which can be a blessing), but perhaps as a result the wine seemed rather lackluster. I heard a guest next to me say about the wine "It just doesn't knock my socks off." I concurred. I think its popularity stems from being a familiar name or label. The Rockblock "SoNo" Syrah was my favorite, and the 2008 "Evenstad Reserve" Pinot Noir was very good. But, mostly we preferred both the wines and experiences we had in other Dundee/Dayton/Carlton wineries.