“Like staying with friends in 4 star home.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dayton
Quimby's Pond Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Dayton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Apparently Steve built the house and Lorrie was the interior designer. What a great result. Steve has a very interesting business locally and he spends time with the guests too.
Breakfast was excellent also. Everything is first class but also very welcoming

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quimby's Pond Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Unfortunately we were unable to stay but had the pleasure of visiting our family during their two night stay recently and Lorrie and Steve included us as if we were family.

Their hospitality is an A+. I was able to explore the property and take pictures as well as join in with the wine and cheese hour and laughter and conversation. The pictures are great but seeing it in person is spectacular.

My husband and I have visited many B and B's and this one is at the top of our list for a relaxing stay. I know my family had a wonderful experience and so happy they shared some of their visit with us. We also went to an excellent restaurant they recommended in Newberg,Oregon. The name of the restaurant is called "The Recipe" outstanding food and service. What a fun weekend.

Room Tip: The rooms are beautiful. Plush towels and everything first class.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Steve and Lorrie are exceptional innkeepers. Quimby's Pond itself is extraordinarily beautiful, with well manicured landscaping and gorgeous rural vistas. The rooms of the B&B are just lovely and very comfortable. I was able to spend a day on the coast hunting rocks on the beach and a day at the gorge viewing the exceptional waterfalls and nature trails. Relaxing at Quimby's Pond, enjoying easy daytrips, and touring the wineries are all great options for this B&B. This was my first trip to Oregon, so every experience was a new one. I couldn't have chosen a better location to call my base while I explored. Steve and Lorrie are so accommodating, helpful and pleasant. My food restrictions were no problem - Lorrie's extraordinary cooking skills ensure your breakfast is memorable - honestly! I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed staying at Quimby's Pond - I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The French room is great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our 4 night stay at Quimby's Pond exceeded all expectations. We have stayed at B&B's on many trips around the country and I would put Quimby's Pond at the top of this list. This is a unique place. The home is new and the interior is expertly decorated. The feel is that of a warm lodge that could be situated in the mountains. The home sits on 15 acres with a peaceful view looking out over a pond, Quimby's Pond, and the acreage beyond. The home and property reflect the warm personalities of the owners and hosts, Steve and Lori. It quickly became obvious that Lori's talent in the kitchen is gourmet quality. (She admitted that she had owned a restaurant and catering service before.) Great breakfasts sitting around the kitchen island started the day and wine on the patio usually ended the day. It just doesn't get any better than this. I highly recommend Quimby's Pond.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I spent two wonderful days at Quimby's Pond in late June 2013. Our room was lovely and house was gorgeous. It was wonderfully furnished by our hosts, Lorrie & Steve. And they were great hosts. Lorrie's breakfast was fabulous. We cannot say enough nice things about this bed and breakfast. It is about as good as it gets. We will return.

Donita Decker & Joe Faimali

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spent two wonderful nights at Quimby's B&B. It is a beautiful property in the Oregon wine country near Dayton. Lorrie and Steve are outstanding hosts. The atmosphere is relaxing and welcoming. The breakfast was the best we ever had at a B&B. We can only recommend it highly.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms. Both are in the front of the house. Both are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara40-13
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay with Lorrie and Steve Quimby at their beautiful B&B, Quimby's Pond B&B in Dayton Oregon. The Quimby's have excellence in taste for the rustic combined with modern amenities. They recently built their home in which they live and entertain their guests. It is on a five acre parcel of land just south east of Dayton. The Quimby's are very talented, Steve is an avid bow hunter with many of his mounts throughout their home and Lorrie is an accomplished artist with many of her paintings and free standing artwork tastefully placed. Lorrie is also a chef so her breakfast is top notch with many course's during the morning meal. All the while the conversation is wonderful as the two of them have a diverse and very interesting past and present to draw from.
We were in the area for a weekend with friends in McMinnville which is just a few miles to the west of Dayton. Dayton itself is a sleepy little town with brick buildings lining main street. This is an area right in the middle of wine country and the Quimby's have many connections and recommendations for different wineries in the area. If your travel plans take you to the Yamhill River Valley, I highly recommend staying with Steve and Lorrie at Quimby's Pond B&B!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Best Western Newberg Inn
The Vintages Trailer Resort
The DreamGiver's Inn
The DreamGiver's Inn
#3 of 7 in Newberg

Been to Quimby's Pond Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!