“They got your back when few places would.”
Review of Stardust Motel

Stardust Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Curtin
Stardust Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Curtin
Curtin, Oregon
“They got your back when few places would.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Sure, the bed linens could be updated, the wi-fi could be a little faster, the rooms could stand to house wall-mounted hair dryers and toasters, and they should let me paint the walls in ingenious landscapes of the mind and spirit... BUT Ciao (pronounced Chia) gently helps you mellow out while providing you three choices of fresh brewed joe... baby strength, respectable octane, and Russian... along with a few decent continental breakfast options. It's a safe, clean, green and friendly place you go to hide away from the world and work on your inner labyrinth. If I were ever to get back to that book writin' and sketchin' I'd been puttin' off then I'd seriously consider campin' out at the Stardust Motel in Curtin, Oregon. When I finally manifest big dough, I'll buy out the boarded up cafe and gas stations nearby and set up a really cool vaudville-esque theater, laundry cafe n affordable eatery there. After that, I'll perform a geothermal survey on the area to locate the hidden source of the medicinal sulfurous and coppery waters that feed the establishment's bath water and set up a chillin' hot springs retreat. There's a groovy antique shop next door I still gotta check out. Oh, and with a big pixie-filled park a nice walk away, a giant sun studded convenient store with mystical hours of operation down the street, and a giant tree of life staring me down as I peer out my window at the on-ramp to the I-5 it's quite apparent that this little nook stands to become a wonderous port o' call for alien types like me. Or should I keep this best kept secret on the down low? Gotta remember to decorate that tree before I go. PEACE.

Room Tip: If you got little ones then camp out at the Holiday Inn etc. We've got a home-schooled teen of...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JenJen70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Curtin, Oregon
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed at the Stardust Motel in Curtin, Oregon (I-5 exit 263) for 3 weeks during late fall season of 2011, and have decided to stay on several more weeks. This is a budget-oriented, but a high-value, motel and long-term lodging facility with daily and weekly rates better than nearby Cottage Grove motels and much nicer, cleaner and safer to boot
(I've stayed in -both- Cottage Grove motels) and there is no comparison.The rooms at Stardust Motel are fully rennovated and have beautiful new hardwood floors, new large flat screen tv's, cable TV w/movie channels, espn, weather,local ch's..etc. Rooms have new bathroom fixtures and new beds and bedding, nice thick, soft, clean bath towels, and great weekly housekeeping service for long term guests. This is the nearest lodging (3 miles) for access to Smith River Recreation area famous with anglers for record-setting steelheads.

Stardust Motel guests are also invited to enjoy complementary daily breakfast items, pastries, hot cereal, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit etc. The guests' breakfast area is new and kept clean. Rooms have DVD players. There is a free DVD library where guests can borrow movies. Morning newspaper available too. Cottage Grove motels don't have near this level of guest amenities.The short 11 mile drive south on I-5 from Cottage Grove to Curtin makes a huge difference in lodging opportunities for both interstate travelers and for new Douglas county residents too, looking to retire in this beautiful natural area (like me) and need long term 'temp housing' during the interim.

This totally remodeled facility offers weary travelers rooms that are very attractive, very clean and quite comfortable. The staff of (Jen, Pam and Scott) are hard-working, friendly and courteous and are responsive to guest concerns. I certainly was made to feel at home here in no time. Property manager Cia is friendly and engaging. She manages the Stardust Motel very competently and is one of the reasons I'm staying on thru till spring 2012. The facility is safe and clean and there is no nonsense tolerated. Feeling safe is important to me. She's a hard-nosed manager, a fair-minded business person, and a warm, friendly lady. I can recommend this Stardust Motel in Curtin, Oregon for anyone looking for affordable
overnight lodging that is clean and safe for families w/children, or a longer extended-stay as an alternative to traditional apartment life. I saved over $100 month in lodging costs coming here to Stardust Motel in Curtin,Oregon..and I got much -much nicer- diggs too!

Room Tip: Room 18 has a great view, is quiet and has a greater measure of privacy being at the end of the 2nd...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank scrfeennamessuckdick
Port El Kantaoui, Tunisia
Reviewed May 27, 2011

An older establishment that has come miles in improvement but has a bit still to go.
Fresh coat of paint - Good
New Flat Screens with Satellite TV - Good
New hand held shower heads - Good
New low flow toilets - Good
New Hard as a Rock Mattresses - Bad
Barking Dogs at all hours of the night - Bad
Extremely slow, spotty Satellite Wi-Fi Internet reception made logging onto the simplest of sites often impossible. - DEAL BREAKER BAD
Forget about watching a video on youtube, most of the time I couldn't log into my hotmail account. The manager laughed it off by saying "Don't worry about it, you need to slow down". When I explained I had business to conduct and not just watch youtube video's, she shrugged her shoulders. After the first nights stay I realized I wouldn't be able to get my work done so I found a hotel in a nearby town with decent internet speeds. I then ask to just pay for the one night and I would me moving on. Of the $150 a week price, she ask for $50 for the one night. Of course I refused, I stayed the week and spent the week driving the 10 miles into town every day to Burger King to use the wi-fi and get my work done. This one issue made all the other things they had done to renovate the place seem much less attractive. The speeds were so slow or non-existent at times I called it Dial up wifi. It wasn't worth the savings. If fact I still wasn't able to do everything I needed because of the internet issue so it cost me more in lost work than I saved in a cheep hotel price. I spent a dollar trying to save a dime.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank rabudman_11

Travelers are raving about these Curtin hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Curtin
Village Green Resort
#1 of 1 in Oakland
Best Western Cottage Grove Inn
Best Western Cottage Grove Inn
#1 of 4 in Cottage Grove

Been to Stardust Motel? Share your experiences!