“Dirty, noisy, poor maintenance, higher rates than posted on Internet”

Super 8 Creswell/South Eugene
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Creswell
Portland, Oregon
“Dirty, noisy, poor maintenance, higher rates than posted on Internet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Worst hotel ever:
Filthy rooms
Toilet did not flush
Something sticky on the carpets
Noisy - semi trucks stop and release their air brakes all night long
Raised their rates $10 over the printed Internet receipt
Absolutely will not refund your deposit: their ploy is obviously to call the sheriff if you disagree with clerk (read the review right below mine!)

In spite of having a printed receipt from the Super 8 website, the clerk insisted on adding $10 to the price of our room. He claimed the website should have added $10 for s second adult even though our receipt clearly said two adults. He refused to refund our deposit money (is this a scam they run?) so we reluctantly had to pay the extra $10.
The room he gave us was filthy. The toilet did not flush at all.
We went back and asked for our money back to stay at the Comfort Inn across the highway.

The clerk refused and offered another room - then called the sheriff on me when I refused to stay. The sheriff obviously knew the whole routine - recited it to me - your welcome to stay elsewhere but they will not refund your deposit. You can just keep trying other rooms in this hotel until one is acceptable - and the sheriff will stay until you finally declare one will be OK.

This was the WORST hotel experience of my life.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Breda, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

After driving for some time I thought to stay at a "standard" Super8 just of the highway at Creswell.... big mistake.

The room I got was old, smelly and, at $85, overpriced for what is offered. My mistake was that I didn't look too closely before checking in. After getting the key, driving around the hotel and opening the door to the room I was getting more dissatisfied by the minute.

When I went back to the front desk and complained the manager was very rude. When I indicated I would like to cancel he refused to reverse the charge. He even refused to print me a receipt with the remark that I hadn't used the room. He then even called the Sherrif on me to get me away from the front desk (at that point I was also being somewhat rude).

If you are thinking about staying in Creswell stay at the Comfort Inn instead (other side of the Hwy). That property is new and rooms were the same price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank GH_RTW
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

our stay at the super 8 in creswell was amazing! the person at the front desk made us feel very welcome and was very helpful. our room was clean and the housekeepers we also very friendly and helpful. i also liked the breakfast and how they were on top of making sure everything was stocked and clean. just amazing sevice. i wish every hotel i went to was as concerned about there guest and making them feel comfortable as this super 8 was. i really have nothing bad to say and will be staying there again when i come back through town. i give you a big thumbs up!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Had a very comfortable stay. The staff was wonderful, the young gal that was working at the desk offered to help us with our luggage that was really welcoming. The restaurant across from the hotel was really good too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

We have a plethora of kids and stayed in the Executive Suite. The first thing I noticed when I was closing the curtains, is that there was about a foot and a half that didn't cover the bottom portion of the window in the living room. I thought that was so strange and thought I must have made a mistake in the way I closed them or thought the other portion was caught up inside the window or something. But atlas, the curtains did not fit the windows and anyone passing buy could clearly see in our room and that bothered me a lot, since this was where our kids would be sleeping. The next thing I noticed is that the curtains were paper thin. I can't recall ever staying in a hotel where the curtains were so thin you could see into someone's room. Don't most hotel's have black-out curtains and/or very thick and/or dark curtains. We asked the front desk for extra blankets to cover the windows and they didn't have any. Um....you're a hotel and you don't have extra blankets? We ended up using the one from the hide-a-bed and the comforter. Ridiculous! At the very least, I thought adequate window coverings were a given for any motel/hotel. You will not find them at this hotel. Other things of concern that I wanted to point out:

- There is no dead bolt or safety/chain lock on the doors...just that lock that automatically locks the door
- The rooms are dated and filthy....there were (shall we say, unidentified body fluid) stains on the couches and chairs.
- The bathroom was very dated and I was horrified to bathe my kids in such a gross and dated tub with gold, stained jets and black mold in the grout.
- There was an overall slimy feel to the room and that the housekeeping staff could care less about the cleanliness of the room.
- The hotel is in a truck stop type environment and not very inviting
- There were no door handles on the doors leading to the bedroom.
- There are no switch plate covers on the outlets

The upside:

- The executive suite is huge. It must be around 1100 square feet.
- There's a small kitchenette in the Executive Suite
- It was quiet

Spend the extra money if you have to stay in Creswell at the Comfort Suites. It's new and clean and doesn't give you the creeps. This place is just gross!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Penetanguishene, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

I was not nearly as impressed as the other reviewers of this hotel.

We have stayed in nicer Super 8's for the same or less. There is a fridge and microwave in every room, but ours was wobbly and we had to put some magazines under the corner to stabalize it. The computer desk is situated so that you cannot see the tv, and the chair for the desk is much too low for working at my laptop. I had to put two pillows on the chair to get myself to a comfortable height. The Internet signal is weak but it did work fine Some rooms have a little patio set outside of room, but our room didn't. No guest laundry – but laundromat is nearby.

Very thin walls, the “Residents” living in next room were loud – They talked loud enough to hear them in our room, they played their music loud ...and when they were arguing, it involved a lot of pushing and shoving against our wall. These 4 guys have been living in that room for over a month now they told me. They acted as if they owned that end of the hotel and wern't going to listen to me when i asked them to settle down and have some respect for us and the other guests. They were barbequing outside their room and the smoke was drifting into our room, they didn't care. Spoke to the “kid” at the desk and we were told to check bylaws and noise ordinances, that what they were doing was not illegal. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the last 4 years, and I cannot think of one instance where bbq'ing was allowed.
We could hear the people walking...and running...in the room above us, The tub wouldn’t drain fast enough to keep it empty so while showering I was standing in ankle deep water. The air conditioner kept shutting down before it reached the set temperature. It was 80 degrees in the room even though we kept turning the thermostat down on the air conditioner. Even when set at 67 degrees it would shut down after a few minutes and the room temp dropped to 79 degrees. There were tiny bugs flying in the room. The hotel is old and tired, needs new carpeting in the room, and new bed spreads... I still can't believe that other found this hotel to be suitable, and it was very unsuitable for us. Oh well.... the one plus was TJ's Family Restaurant a few steps away..
Breakfast was over at 9:00 am...we missed it

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
western washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

check-in was friendly and efficient-
room was clean -
bed was comfortable-
trucks exchange trailers out back - could be noisy in winter when they leave their diesels running all night- all was quiet during our stay-
ok breakfast

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creswell
Comfort Inn & Suites Creswell
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield
Best Western Greentree Inn

Been to Super 8 Creswell/South Eugene? Share your experiences!