“Good hotel..”

Super 8 Creswell/South Eugene
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Creswell
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Had a very comfortable stay. The staff was wonderful, the young gal that was working at the desk offered to help us with our luggage that was really welcoming. The restaurant across from the hotel was really good too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2010

We have a plethora of kids and stayed in the Executive Suite. The first thing I noticed when I was closing the curtains, is that there was about a foot and a half that didn't cover the bottom portion of the window in the living room. I thought that was so strange and thought I must have made a mistake in the way I closed them or thought the other portion was caught up inside the window or something. But atlas, the curtains did not fit the windows and anyone passing buy could clearly see in our room and that bothered me a lot, since this was where our kids would be sleeping. The next thing I noticed is that the curtains were paper thin. I can't recall ever staying in a hotel where the curtains were so thin you could see into someone's room. Don't most hotel's have black-out curtains and/or very thick and/or dark curtains. We asked the front desk for extra blankets to cover the windows and they didn't have any. Um....you're a hotel and you don't have extra blankets? We ended up using the one from the hide-a-bed and the comforter. Ridiculous! At the very least, I thought adequate window coverings were a given for any motel/hotel. You will not find them at this hotel. Other things of concern that I wanted to point out:

- There is no dead bolt or safety/chain lock on the doors...just that lock that automatically locks the door
- The rooms are dated and filthy....there were (shall we say, unidentified body fluid) stains on the couches and chairs.
- The bathroom was very dated and I was horrified to bathe my kids in such a gross and dated tub with gold, stained jets and black mold in the grout.
- There was an overall slimy feel to the room and that the housekeeping staff could care less about the cleanliness of the room.
- The hotel is in a truck stop type environment and not very inviting
- There were no door handles on the doors leading to the bedroom.
- There are no switch plate covers on the outlets

The upside:

- The executive suite is huge. It must be around 1100 square feet.
- There's a small kitchenette in the Executive Suite
- It was quiet

Spend the extra money if you have to stay in Creswell at the Comfort Suites. It's new and clean and doesn't give you the creeps. This place is just gross!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I was not nearly as impressed as the other reviewers of this hotel.

We have stayed in nicer Super 8's for the same or less. There is a fridge and microwave in every room, but ours was wobbly and we had to put some magazines under the corner to stabalize it. The computer desk is situated so that you cannot see the tv, and the chair for the desk is much too low for working at my laptop. I had to put two pillows on the chair to get myself to a comfortable height. The Internet signal is weak but it did work fine Some rooms have a little patio set outside of room, but our room didn't. No guest laundry – but laundromat is nearby.

Very thin walls, the “Residents” living in next room were loud – They talked loud enough to hear them in our room, they played their music loud ...and when they were arguing, it involved a lot of pushing and shoving against our wall. These 4 guys have been living in that room for over a month now they told me. They acted as if they owned that end of the hotel and wern't going to listen to me when i asked them to settle down and have some respect for us and the other guests. They were barbequing outside their room and the smoke was drifting into our room, they didn't care. Spoke to the “kid” at the desk and we were told to check bylaws and noise ordinances, that what they were doing was not illegal. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the last 4 years, and I cannot think of one instance where bbq'ing was allowed.
We could hear the people walking...and running...in the room above us, The tub wouldn’t drain fast enough to keep it empty so while showering I was standing in ankle deep water. The air conditioner kept shutting down before it reached the set temperature. It was 80 degrees in the room even though we kept turning the thermostat down on the air conditioner. Even when set at 67 degrees it would shut down after a few minutes and the room temp dropped to 79 degrees. There were tiny bugs flying in the room. The hotel is old and tired, needs new carpeting in the room, and new bed spreads... I still can't believe that other found this hotel to be suitable, and it was very unsuitable for us. Oh well.... the one plus was TJ's Family Restaurant a few steps away..
Breakfast was over at 9:00 am...we missed it

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2010

check-in was friendly and efficient-
room was clean -
bed was comfortable-
trucks exchange trailers out back - could be noisy in winter when they leave their diesels running all night- all was quiet during our stay-
ok breakfast

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stay at lot of Super8 around the country thus far this is the finest Super8 I have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed at this Motel 8 and the young man behind the counter was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us good recommendations. My wife and I were looking for a good place to eat and he asked us what we were looking for, printed directions and even called the place to see what time they closed. He carried some of our bags for us and he did not have a handicap room left but got us one on the ground level and was very helpful. In the morning I was surprised they had a good breakfast and I'm usually not impressed with Super 8 and stay at Best Westerns primarily. They were the same standard and service that I get at a Best Western. The lady who checked us out in the morning was able to answer all of our questions. The staff seem to be very knowledgeable about their jobs and like where they work. I paid significantly less for a much higher level of service than I expected.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We travel to the Eugene Oregon twice a year to do a show. Eugene is sometimes difficult to get a room, especially if both colleges have a football game. We had stayed at this property when it was a BW and we were very disappointed. We needed a room and we decided to give it another try as a Super 8. What a great property. New double paned windows made for a quiet 2 night stay. The desk staff was courteous, efficient and pleasant. There is a family style restaurant on the property and the food is adequate. The rates at the Super 8 were reasonable and we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Creswell/South Eugene? Share your experiences!