“Very homey feel!”

Odell Lake Lodge & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crescent Lake
Reviewed September 14, 2008

The owners are pleasant and unpretentious. The room was extremely clean, but very simple. A bed, a TV, a ceiling fan and bathroom. Not daily maid service and the nights were a little noisy from fans outside our open window, but certainly acceptable. Very beautiful location! We had a breakfast and a dinner in the dining room. Both meals were very nice, with excellent service. The quality of the food was outstanding, as was the atmosphere and cleanliness! All in all, after 4 nights, we were mostly pleased with the entire visit.

• Stayed: September 2008

Reviewed July 26, 2008

With much sadness, my family will be bypassing Odell Lake Resort in the future. We have been going there for a number of years, but the place has gone beyond a ramshackle state of disrepair to a downright unsanitary and unsafe condition. The toilets wouldn't flush and there was dirt coming out of the tap water. The outside ground of our cabin reeked of sewage. When it was brought to the attention of who we believed to be the owner/manager ?, it was denied that a problem existed at all.

The only positive thing about our stay was dinner in the restaurant on the evening of our arrival. However, had we known about the dirt in the water, we would have declined to eat there as I'm sure they were cooking and washing dishes with the same filthy water that was coming out the faucets of our cabin.

During the first two days of our stay, there were three children tearing up and down on a four wheeler, sometimes all three riding at once. They looked to be between the ages of five and eight or thereabouts. When we tried to say something to them about it as they came very near our cabin, they laughed and sped away. When we mentioned it to an employee in the cafe the next day when we were leaving--a day early just to get out of there--we were told that these were the owner's children and that prior to our visit, another guest's vehicle had been completely destroyed due to the brake being not set on the four wheeler by these same children.

It is our understanding that ownership of the resort has changed in recent years and it is very much a shame that it has apparently changed for the worse. Run down is one thing but this place has become so unsanitary that questions arise about the legality of even renting the cabins out. For what we paid, we had every right to expect a functioning toilet and relatively clean water. We felt ripped off and will not be wasting our money there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
9  Thank Talkeetna
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I've stayed at this place 4 or 5 times over the years. It's really gone downhill. They had our reservations all screwed up, and of course it was completely our fault. Cabin was dirty. Overpriced. Had dinner and breakfast there. Breakfast was fine. Dinner was very mediocre. Supposedly a NY Steak, but having worked in restauants, no way. Maybe that's why the dining room was pretty empty. The area has great scenery. Next time I'll look for other options. Generally speaking, the people who run this place seem to have a "take it or leave it attitude".

I love this area, but unfortunately the accomodations are a real turn-off.

By the way, if you're driving from this area to Portland, go to Oakridge, then on Road 19 to the McKenzie River area, then west toward Eugene. We did Road 19 for the first time and it's a wonderful forest drive.

Go see Waldo Lake too.

Also Cascade Lakes Hwy. between Odell Lake and Bend.

Lots of mosquitos in this area in July. But only in July.

Stayed: July 2008
7  Thank allmedia
Reviewed February 8, 2008

I love this place, We come here every year!
Great cozy cabins, by the warmth of the fire.
Groomed cross country trails that we can ski on for days.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the restaurant has great food!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2008

In July 2007 I made reservations to stay at this lodge for two days including New Years night. At my wife suggestion, who is the organized one, I called two weeks in advance to confirm the reservation – not a requirement of this lodge. They had no record of my reservation even though I provided them with the credit card statements and said they would have the manager call back. When he had not called back within a week I called again and they said they were totally booked for those two days and would have the manager call back. When he again did not call back I called again and reached the manager who said they had an opening for the one of those nights and the following day. When I called two days later to confirm the person I talked to said no there were no openings on those days and that the manager had put me down for two days later – days that I could not make. I said to just refund the deposit and gave information to do so. He said I would be receiving it before Christmas. Six calls later still no refund or call (4 promises to call since) and am being forced to go to small claims court to get our deposit back. Level of incompetence here has surpassed anything I have ever experienced

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank moveinon
Reviewed August 30, 2007

First, let me say the area is very beautiful. We stayed in cabin #12,the biggest cabin sleeping up to 16. While I wasnt expecting "hotel-like" accomidations-- I also wasnt expecting a dirty cabin in a state of extreme disrepair (FOR $250 PER NIGHT!) The cabin was just plain filthy... You didnt even want to sit on the couches they were so disgusting and stained and FULL of food in the cracks and pet hair all over them. several of the window latches were broken...many of the curtain rods were bent .. the bathroom door didnt lock, There were lights without shades or bulbs. The toilet runs all the time, there were no extra blankets and we felt as though we were asking tooooo much to get more -- it was COLD at night! The view from our cabin is only visable from the kitchen window as they have chosen to build a large wood pile shed which blocks any view from the porch.WHY??? At the front desk Evan was very nice but the others were almost defensive...weird! This place has been neglected badly! oh..as a bonus... there are mice. Just in case it was US...and we have unrealistic expectations... We spoke to another family staying in a different cabin and they were also disgusted and said they would never be back. They also said that they rented a boat which was in disrepair. overall i suggest you check out a different place to stay in this beautiful area of Oregon.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Gail R
Reviewed July 29, 2007

My husband and 2 young children stayed here. Let me tell you for $90 a night, I was apalled at the cleanliness of the the cabin. For the 2 nights we were there I never let my children play on the floor. My husband and I put our sandals on the mintue we woke up and took them off as we were getting into bed, as the floors were absolutely disgusting. The hide a bed was not suited for anyone larger than a 2 year old, if an adult sat or leaned on the side of it, it completely tipped over. Many of the sheets and bedspreads had what appeared to be stains. The ceiling fan in the kitchen had a bulb hanging from a cord and when the fan was turned on the bulb proceeded to clang loudly any time the fan was on. The cabins were definitely older but would be very acceptable if regular deep cleanings took place in addition to a thorough cleaning upon a guest vacating. Necessary cleanings are clearly not happening!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Crescent Lake
Lemolo Lake Resort
Lemolo Lake Resort
#1 of 1 in Idleyld Park

Been to Odell Lake Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!