“Extreme rustic!”

Odell Lake Lodge & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crescent Lake
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in cabin 16. Bedding was beyond gross, stains and all. Bring a sleeping bag! Only has a shower, which was fine, I mean it's a cabin, not hotel. But.... Not enough hot water for a shower and a half. There is a very old old gas stove, which actually worked. Microwave very old and cracked, you could almost feel it leaking radiation! Used it once, and only once! Fridge was ok. We ate at the restuarant once. We all got sick. Terrible!!!!! There was live entertainment, they were the best part of the lodge. The lodge has very early closing hours, and you can't get into the lodge. Boooooo! Very very very winding on this side of the lake. I would recommend Shelter Cove! They are on the other side of the lake. That's where we went for food and coffee. The staff there are AWESOME!!! The boat launch at the lodge was extremely dangerous, do to the winds and alot of big boulders, and it is shallow. Now if I could get the pictures loaded on here.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank excellenty

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Odelle Lake is a special and beautiful lake and the lodge is a good way if you are traveling through the area to take it all in. We love rustic, so let me say that an old lodge with small rooms and creaky floors is actually just fine given the outdoorsy nature of the place. So rating this as a "hotel" is not very fair.

One thing to note though: the restaurant was "best and worst" - the Friday standard Prime Rib dinner was amazing, but the one waitress serving a lot of people was run ragged. The next morning's breakfast was delayed by the cook oversleeping, and we waited over an hour to get very basic stuff...and when it came, was cold. So if you are in a hurry, make other plans.

I'd love to stay in their cabins some time.

I'd go back to this place!

Room Tip: It's only an hour to Crater Lake. Gets you a good night sleep before a day trip to Crater Lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend at the end of our vacation staying in a room in the lodge at the Odell Lake Resort with totally grand hospitality from the dedicated staff headed up by John who greeted us as we arrived. We wanted a relaxing weekend on an Oregon mountain lake as cap to our vacation and we got that and more. Morning coffee on the patio overlooking the beautiful lake was a grand way to begin the day. Our room was clean and comfy and the fireside lounge with a roaring fire was a great place to hang out and visit with other guests in the evening. Breakfast and Dinner were well prepared [thank you Carl] and totally delicious [although a bit pricey for a fishing camp] and our server Angela stayed cheerful and helpful even during the Friday night dinner rush. The evening entertainment on the patio was delightful and we so enjoyed the lovely music while sitting beside the outdoor bonfire keeping cozy in the evening chill. Many locals came over for the evening or even stayed for the weekend along with guests from afar. A pretty good recommendation when the neighbors join the fun! As we left I found a dead battery in our car and the staff helped us get going again. All together a terrific experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Always feel refreshed after a stop or stay at this inviting lodge on Odell Lake. Have stayed in the winter and summer, and always come home with great memories of such a beautiful location. This recent visit was to enjoy lake time and dinner. Our meal and service relieve met our needs, casual dining with delicious meals. We enjoyed our steaks and salmon, great mushroom appetizer, and topped it off with berry cobbler. Sure appreciate the friendly and helpful staff. This is the place to visit and enjoy the beauty of Oregon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelingtwotoo
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We just returned from our annual family gathering at Odell Lake Resort. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were in cabins 10 and 12. Cabin 10 has a great view of the lake and cabin 12 has a large kitchen, living room and sleeping rooms for two or three families.

There are a number of options available for outdoor activities, but it's advisable to plan for afternoon wind, which often is the case at Odell. Our family, which includes a number of kids, always enjoys placing pennies on the railroad tracks that are nearby. The trains always blow their horns, much to the delight of those present.

The resort is rustic and is not for those who are expecting a fancy upscale facility. What you get here is a great place to enjoy the out-of-doors, without the need to stay in a campground, to enjoy the lake, hiking and spending time fishing or on the water.

We're looking forward to returning in 2013.

Room Tip: Cabin 12 is ideal for a large family gathering, especially when some family members are in the adjac...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GoBeavs09
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend and I must say that we did have a very fun time, until about the last 10 minutes. We arrived at sunset which was gorgeous! We absolutely loved the location and scenery. We stayed in a room in the lodge which was nice but I think if we were to return(which after the way I was treated the last 10 minutes I think I'll spend my money elsewhere) I would prefer a cabin or just pitch a tent in a campsite. There are a lot of great activities and the prices are reasonable. However, as we were packing up to leave I found and killed a small bug about the size of an apple seed on our bed. I probably would have thought nothing of it but after working in property management for an apartment community and having to explain "bed bug addendums and prevention" to all the new residence, I am very confident this was a bed bug. So I googled images of bed bugs on my smartphone and sure enough it looked identical to the pictures. I picked it up on a piece of paper and took it down to the man at the front desk(I assume he was the owner) and tried as discretely(and as friendly) as possible to let him know that it could be a bed bug and that they should be aware so they could take the proper precautions. He laughed at me, put his hands in the air and looked around and said "Umm, yeah there is bugs, there is all kinds of bugs, you are in the WOODS! I kill 20 mosquitos at a time on my legs!". Well, no S#%T SHERLOCK!!! I am very aware there are bugs IN THE WOODS!!! This bug was in MY BED in THE HOTEL/LODGE and can get into my personal belongings and cause an infestation AT MY HOME which is not IN THE WOODS! If I was sleeping outside I would expect to be sleeping with bugs but not inside the room we paid to stay in!!! Now, being someone who has worked in customer service for years I can say I would honestly have handled this situation much differently, even if I didn't think it was a big deal, which obviously this man did not, he could have simply said "Ok, thanks for letting us know." Even if he turned around and laughed at me around the corner after I had left, I would have been none the wiser but now I am on here leaving an unfavorable review because he treated me like I was stupid after I had spent money at his establishment. He didn't have to tell me I was right, but he still should have treated me like a CUSTOMER/GUEST. Word of mouth is the best advertisement and every person who has asked how my weekend was has been told about the "potential bed bug situation". I say "potential" because I am not a trained pest control person but I am EXTREMELY confident it was a bed bug. I grew up outdoors camping, fishing, hiking, and around animals, and I have come in contact with a lot of bugs and I am not some prissy city girl which is how I felt he perceived me. I was extremely friendly and respectful to all the staff members I came in contact with and expected to be treated the same but this was not the case unfortunately.

Room Tip: You will hear a lot of noises like other peoples showers, foot steps, doors opening and closing, tal...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank ColeyC_519
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Plan on rustic.....and enjoy!! My husband and I honeymooned in cabin 6 15 years ago, and returned this weekend to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. In the past 15 years management has changed, and improved.

No it is not "The Nines" in downtown Portland, but we did not expect, nor want, that kind of luxury. What you get at Odell Lake Lodge and Resort is simplicity, relaxation, great views and access to outdoor adventure, and a staff who, while likely not perfect, go out of their way to ensure comfort and our good time.

We enjoyed the silence, the solitude, the hiking, the views, the creaky floors, and the rip roaring fun time during an evening of live music, where Saskwatch himself made an appearance.

We hesitate to recommend this place off the beaten track for fear it becomes so popular we can't get reservations....but it is a true gem to us!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Chemult
Dawson House Lodge
Dawson House Lodge
#2 of 2 in Chemult

Been to Odell Lake Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!