“Crescent Lake Resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crescent Lake
Hoodoo's Crescent Lake Resort
La Pine, Oregon
“Crescent Lake Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Beautiful lake and area. We spent two nights. We arrived a bit early but check out was 11:00. We got there around 1:00 pm and I had a map and knew where we were suppose to be but there seemed to be people still in the cabin... so I headed to the store area. They informed me that some family of employees were in the cabin last night but it would be ready soon, and they hoped we wouldn't be arriving early. Oops. We went to a day use area to have lunch and then came back. After checking in, we wanted to rent some padal boards and were informed that they were out (being used by staff relatives) and I asked if they knew when they would be available... they said "well they are only suppose to have them out for 30 minutes but it had already been 2 hours, so they weren't sure." Later we noticed some padel boards on land so we checked again and were able to rent them. Then on the first night we had some excitement with the restaurant kitchen catching on fire around 11:30 followed by fire department. At 12:30 a delivery truck arrived with new supplies... so I got to bed around 1:30 am. The rest of the trip went fine :)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is the first time we have stayed in a cabin by a beautiful lake. It was awesome!! We enjoyed being surrounded by huge trees and happy campers. Really liked the food too. We will tell our family and friends. The Codemos

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We had the Elk Cabin reserved for three nights and left after the first night. The cabin was dirty and ill-equipped. The employees, while friendly, were ineffective in resolving any maintenance issues. The check-in was unorganized. We will not be staying here again.

1 Thank Michal B
Damascus, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed two nights, Friday and Saturday, a few weeks ago. We had read the reviews and weren't expecting the cabin to be super duper, but we did expect the dishes to be clean! More on that in a minute. We were pleased to see SIGNS upon arrival and it was easy to find the marina and restaurant. Tip: you now check in at the marina. We were told at check in that there had been some issues with theft so "make sure to lock the door when you leave". Well, the back bedroom window had a latch with no hook! My sons immediately climbed in from ground level! The latches are also very hard to use because the windows swing out and there are no handles to pull them in all the way. It would be great to have screens on all windows. There were two wooden screens to move about all the windows. The click screen on the front door was great. The view of the lake good, the fire pit area good, though close to the neighbors (who never came out so for us it wasn't an issue). My real issue, besides the lack of security on the windows, was the cleanliness of the kitchen. There is a sign posted that you will be charged $10 if you don't leave the dishes clean. That tells you right away that Housekeeping DOESN'T CLEAN THE DISHES! Ick! We went and bought a scrub pad and paper towels in town pronto. They were out of them at the store and it wasn't included in the rental price! I did turn in a pan I was unable to clean. The rest I washed first before use. I suggest bringing tin foil to line pans. The wash tub had to be used under the sink for collecting the water dripping from the pipes! Last pet peeve. The music on Saturday night was so loud and went past the curfew. If you like that, great. After an hour of 70's-80's music we wanted to sleep. The noise after the band left was a bunch of people talking loudly and laughter. I mean LOUD! Until after midnight! If we stay again we would never do a Saturday night. To end, there need to be more lights in the rooms. There was a dark shaded lamp in each room. We used flashlights to look in drawers and corners to find our things! Overall the Lake was SPECTACULAR, CLEAR, CLEAN AND REFRESHING. It would be great to have the cabin be at least CLEAN! (Have to say, the sheets were clean and beds comfy).

Room Tip: If you like neighbors or are travelling with a group, the cluster cabins are good. If you want priva...
1 Thank Madrone T
Portland, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I spent two nights at this resort last week, and my overall impression was that no one seemed to be minding the store so to speak. The studio cabin was OK. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that this was one of the least welcoming resorts I have stayed in in a long time. When I arrived, no signs directed me to the restaurant, registration, store, check in, guest services, etc. What greets you initially is the back of several buildings, none of which have signs telling you what they are, and none of which have entrances facing your direction. So no one puts out the welcome mat. I eventually made my way over to the restaurant and was told check in was at the store. Where was the store? "Over there" was the reply. Well, I had just been "over there" and didn't see a store, so I was off to try again. Anyway, Things were like that. It didn't seem like any of the staff was over 21. They were nice, but without any adults on hand, I felt strangely neglected and out of place. And so what I would recommend to the owners is this - more signs! If the buildings don't face you when you arrive and park, you get this eerie sense that you are intruding somehow or sneaking up on something. Thats why some cheerful signs would help one to feel more welcome. Greet your visitors! From the parking lot, point them to the registration desk, store, etc. On the hand, if you only want to cater to locals, family and friends, keep things the way that they are :)

I would come back again just to check out the larger cabins. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend this resort but the food was good and the ground, lake view etc were OK. I'm not one to shun smaller, less pricey or luxurious resorts. A little dirt doesn't bother me. But I just felt in this case like I'm wasn't sure anyone appreciated my being there. Indifference. Thats what seemed like the attitude to me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank aldri7
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had an amazing stay and can't wait to come again. The food at the lodge was great and had good service. I would say maybe having two servers would have made it a little easier on the girl working but all in all was great.

• Stayed June 2014
Lakewood, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great staff in the lodge and management, top 3 favorite places to be in Oregon. Awesome cabins, great food, beautiful lake, great fishing.

Only reason for a four rating is due to poor water pressure in the cabin on and off, no other complaints possible.

Will be back, a tradition.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

#1 of 1 in Idleyld Park
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#2 of 2 in Chemult

Been to Hoodoo's Crescent Lake Resort? Share your experiences!