“Cozy place for Crater Lake and Bend”

Woodsman Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crescent
Buffalo, NY
“Cozy place for Crater Lake and Bend”
Reviewed October 9, 2007

My husband and I stayed for one night in August while visiting Crater Lake. We had gone to see the park on Sunday, but the weather was cold, rainy and the clouds prevented us from seeing the lake. The Woodsman Inn was a cozy little refuge form the weather. We stayed in the room with the kingsize bed, fireplace and double jacuzzi and it was worth every penny.
It is a little close to the busy highway, but the room was very quiet.
After checking in, we went to see the High Desert Museum in Bend and came back to our room for the night.
It was clean and comfortable, and the jacuzzi and the fireplace were very welcome, even in August. The only problem I had was that I am short and I had to literally climb up to get in the bed beacuse of it's size.
We were able to see Crater Lake the next day, as it was not too far to drive. The weather had cleared and we had a wonderful visit. We then drove back, and continued on to stay in Bend. We were able to do this all in one day because of the location.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The comforts of the jacuzzi, bed and fireplace.
  • Disliked — Could be friendlier
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Khootie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I stayed at this motel the day I visited Crater Lake. It's about 40 miles from the North entrance to the park. Unless you stay at the park, it's one of the first places you can stay within a reasonable distance from the park.

First, the property is well maintained and clean. It's an older property, one level, that has recently undergone a renovation. All the rooms have been redone in a woodsman theme. The furniture is made from logs, comfortable beds, fantastic water pressure, plenty of hot water. Bed linens and towels are above average. They have satellite TV and newspapers free of charge. There's a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

I only met Barbara (one of the owners), but she was helpful in making my reservation and friendly the next day in directions to get me on my way.

If you can't get a room at the park or a nearby state park , then this would be my first recommendation. Keep in mind anything within the park will cost at least double what you will pay here. I would definately suggest staying here versus driving to Medford or Kalamath Falls. I spent the first night in Medford after driving over from the coast...I wish I had stayed here both night.

Cresent is a SMALL town, so don't expect much in the way of fast food, grocery stores, etc. Go prepared and have a great time.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness...also no pets and no smoking
  • Disliked — Size of the rooms...a little small
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Vol_Traveler
FLORIDA
Reviewed August 1, 2007

We almost missed staying at this wonderful place. Glad we changed our minds. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever had at a motel. T he rooms are beautifully decorated in a woodsy motif down to the smallest detail. Nice leather love seat.
pine furniture, large tv.........very clean, very comfortable, very nice
BUT do not go to the Gilchrist restaurant down the street to eat. the food there is terrible..........go to the restaurant next door !!!

• Liked — the room was beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TRVELINGRAM
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed June 20, 2007

I wasn't expecting much more than a run of the mill motel room for the price, but this place far exceeded my expectations. I decided to stay in a room with a Jacuzzi for $89 and it was worth it. The regular rooms are $59 a night. My room also had a huge sattelite TV, microwave, kitchenette and refrigerator. The room was twice the size of most motel rooms I've stayed at and at which I usually paid quite a bit more. The Western decor is very amusing and the bed, as mentioned by other reviewers, is great. This is an excellent base for your outdoor High Desert adventures. I think the very small town location saves a good deal of money. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank vatonorteno
Mapleton Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2007

What a great treat. I have never slept in such a comfy bed and the sheets were wonderful...not stiff like other hotels. I heard no noise from other rooms or the bar behind it. I slept like a baby! ( I can't even do that at home). The shower was delightful...great water pressure. I want to go back and try the spa room now!

• Liked — Comfy Bed - pillow top
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sheri2323
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed January 20, 2007

I booked this motel because of all the rave reviews ... and wasn't disappointed! The motel is located about 45 minutes from Crater Lake Lodge and well worth the trip! The rooms were beyond clean and the decor was awesome! The rustic country theme was everywhere from the handmade, handhewn furniture (that had places below the drawers for your carry-on cases and shoes) to the bedspreads, shower curtains, towel holders, curtains, bathroom rugs...simply adorable! They also have laundry services within a few feet of your motel door and welcome you to fill up your coolers! Barbara (the owner) and her husband are to be commended for their place of lodging and friendliness! There are 2 restaurants which are very adequate located next door and about 1/4 mile away. Within 1/4 of the hotel is the scenic road that will take you to Bend - takes you longer than staying on the main highway but you won't want to miss the trip - the lakes along the way are spectacular.

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — Close to highway
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BARB S
San Francisco
Reviewed August 22, 2006

stayed one night in July 06; room was very clean with 2 queen beds and was outfitted with new rustic wood furniture; is close to the highway but traffic dropped off at night and noise was not a problem. is an excellent value.

3 Thank MostlySunny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crescent
Best Western Newberry Station
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
#3 of 3 in Crescent Lake
DiamondStone Guest Lodges

Been to Woodsman Country Lodge? Share your experiences!