Village Green Resort
$89
Quality Inn Cottage Grove - Eugene South(Cottage Grove)(Great Value!)
$72
Relax Inn(Cottage Grove)
$65
Hotels.com
Travelocity
$102
ComfortInn
Comfort Suites Eugene(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Pool
$139
$93
Hotels.com
All reviewsdeluxe roomprivate patioprime ribwafflesgas fireplacedinner packagecontinental breakfastlocal winerieshard boiled eggscovered bridgetwo nightsbit datedwine tastingpool and hot tubloungetravelzooproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Right off I-5, positives were nice rooms with AC and fireplace, fridge and microwave, excellent dinner, lounge with nightly live music, great staff, clean pool and spa, nice gardens with a variety of floral and fauna, Near several covered bridges if one has the time to drive the area and wineries nearby. We enjoyed King Estate Winery about 25 minutes away.

Negative: with easy access to I-5 you also have the freeway noise 24/7.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Village Green resort and it was a nice relaxing stay. We did find a deal on travel zoo and it was $149 for two nights with dinner and a bottle of vino. Defiantly get the upgraded room. Spacious and access to mini fridge and microwave are a plus. The rooms are dated and there was pealing wall paper. They could paint rooms and axe the wallpaper for some easy updates to make it look better. The exterior needs a new roof, scary old shakes look nasty and has to be a fire hazard. Overall good experience with breakfast provided; waffle bar, fruit, yogurt, toast and juices. Dinner was good with really tasty Manila clams prepared French style. Prawns were good with surf and turf. Prime rib wasn't that tender and was a little over but sides were good. We had some good grub for happy hour in the lounge. Nice gardens to wander through. Pool area was a bit dirty with it being closed one day we were there for cleaning. Strong jets in jacuzzi. They gave us some coupons for future stay at a reasonable rate. Some cool vineyards close by are Chateau Lorane and can't beat the setting of King estate vineyards($10 for tasting but a decent pour). Overall Village green will feed you well and the grounds are nice and several rooms are pet friendly so you can bring the whole family!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Mraschio
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stopped here on our trip from Washington to California and again on the way back. We always pick the "Dinner Escape" as it includes dinner in their restaurant. One way we had a deluxe king and on the other a suite. Both rooms were perfect, clean and with a little patio in the back. Both dinners were great as was the service. (Victor is especially nice, but all the wait staff is exceptional.) We have done this over the last 10 years, sometimes with pets, sometimes without. We have never experienced any of the problems mentioned in some of these reviews. We will certainly continue to stop here on our twice a year trips. Best value on Hiway 5!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tassy8
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our Village Green Executive Room was spacious, comfortable and, yes, dated. My 81 year old aunt exclaimed numerous times how comfortable the beds were, great shower, and she appreciated the 30+ channels available on the two televisions. The staff were very friendly, polite and accommodating. I sat in the lobby one evening reading, and they fielded many inquiries about problems with internet in the rooms (I guess when there are a lot of guests it's a little dicey). I loved the gardens! There is a trail map available at the front desk with the names and descriptions of each garden. As you meander the stone paths, there are also post mailboxes at each garden entrance with laminated pages of plant descriptions and inspiration for the gardens. My favorite was the Golden Garden. I found the "Secret Bower" and spent many hours there reading a novel I had brought. I'd still as others walked the paths nearby, listening to their discoveries, wondering if I too would be discovered. The labyrinth was also a lovely surprise.
The pool was nice in the evening (adults only), though the spa was down for repairs (bummer).
The included breakfast had a make your own waffle station, which I loved. The Travelzoo voucher I had purchased also included two dinner entrees in their restaurant. Choices included, steak, prime rib, chicken, salmon... the food was delicious!
We spent our days walking the covered bridges, hiking to waterfalls, and visiting the local wineries. I'll be back. The bower is my new happy place!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank wlighty
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Because that's what I did when I stayed here. The hotel looks like a 50s style "resort" kinda place. And all the decor and furniture and stuff is all original. We got the upgraded room which is actually huge. It's just like visiting your old Aunt Gertrude's house. The gardens and landscaping are very pretty. The service and cleanliness is fine. Pro tip - get the upgraded room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family