It is obvious this hotel was once a very fine destination (early 60s). We had a Travelzoo voucher ($119 for 2 nites + dinner for 2 + bottle of wine + breakfasts + free wine tasting at several local wineries). It was a good deal - but the hotel was a huge disappointment. They have 3 levels of rooms -- the original ones that are not nice (musty and dirty) . . . an upgrade which are larger units . . . and the newly renovated section which seemed nice (didn't see the interiors). The mgmt told us it is a $10 upgrade to get into either levels -- definitely a must do. Our first rooms (we had 2) were the lowest level - musty smelling and poorly cleaned. The gardens in the unremodeled area are unbelievably unkempt. The staff moved us (at no charge) to the intermediate level -- not musty smelling, and cleaner, but still very worn out. EXCEPT -- the beds were very good, and linens lovely. Lighting is horrible in both the bottom 2 levels. Couldn't begin to read for very long with such poor lighting. It's close to the freeway so very noisy.
Restaurant served good food and has a nice menu selection (dinner especially). Staff had it all together and were friendly. Breakfast was very nice; as good as any upscale hotel. The dining rooms are so poorly lit - made it not good for me, but if you like ambiance, I suppose the lighting promotes that. I always feel that a poorly lit restaurant is hiding lack of maintenance & cleaning . ..
Gardens are just so so -- they are massive and need a lot more attention than they are getting. It's sad to see a place so run down. Being so close to the freeway distracts from the garden ambiance. Given the same Travelzoo offer (which was an outstanding value) - we would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Green Resort and Gardens include an onsite restaurant "Seasons at The Green" and the Fireside lounge with live entertainment each night! Beautiful cozy Guestrooms that offer private garden patios and 14 acres of themed gardens to enjoy. Village Green is within walking distance of the 14 mile paved Row River Trail that takes you around Dorena Lake by bicycle, horse or running! Here at the Village Green Resort we offer Tandem Bike Rentals to see the area and bike the Row River Trail. We also offer an on site Beauty Salon. Cottage Grove is well known for it historic Covered Bridges. There is so much beauty here you will want to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Village Green Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Green Hotel Cottage Grove
- Village Green Cottage Grove
- Village Green Hotel And Gardens