We also used a Travelzoo voucher that enticed us to visit. The other thing was that they are dog friendly and we like to take our dog with us when we travel. Loved the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. I was a bit hesitant when I read the reviews of the "dog rooms" as they hadn't been updated. If you are looking for a 4-5 star room to stay with your dog...this in not it. However, if you are just looking for a clean, expansive room (and don't mind some dated things like a pink tile bathroom) ;) with beautiful gardens all around, then this is a fine choice. We had one of the deluxe rooms which was across from the pool (which looked REALLY nice, tropical looking setting) and hot tub. It had a living room, bedroom with a small kitchen space (microwave/refrig/coffee pot) and a desk area. The only complaint is the living room area could really use more lighting...very dark. Didn't notice the freeway noise at all (and we live on acreage in the country) but I imagine the placement of your room could make a difference. The breakfasts were filling...waffles, mini omelets cereal, fresh fruit. Dinner was nice, especially with the bottle of wine that came with the voucher. I would like to say, if you travel with a dog(s) PLEASE don't leave your dogs in the room unattended....sheesh you would think people would know that, most places tell you that up front. The neighbors left their dogs when they went somewhere and they barked non-stop. I also noticed where a dog had chewed the corner of one of the walls in our room. Seriously, I LOVE traveling with my dog...but I sure can understand why some lodging doesn't allow them. We need to make it a pleasant experience for the people who own/run the place as well as the people that don't travel with dogs. Would we return for another visit? Yes!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Green Resort and Gardens include an onsite restaurant "Seasons at The Green" and the Fireside lounge with live entertainment each night! Beautiful cozy Guestrooms that offer private garden patios and 14 acres of themed gardens to enjoy. Village Green is within walking distance of the 14 mile paved Row River Trail that takes you around Dorena Lake by bicycle, horse or running! Here at the Village Green Resort we offer Tandem Bike Rentals to see the area and bike the Row River Trail. We also offer an on site Beauty Salon. Cottage Grove is well known for it historic Covered Bridges. There is so much beauty here you will want to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Village Green Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Green Hotel Cottage Grove
- Village Green Cottage Grove
- Village Green Hotel And Gardens