We've stayed here a few times. Our most recent stay was the first with a wheelchair. We stayed in a deluxe (remodeled) room. Almost everything was great! the king bed is very comfortable, (soft if you like that). The fireplace with the rounded rock hearth just beautiful. We love the private patio out the back door. We sat out and looked at stars late at night and even though our neighbor in the next room had their private garden light on, it was still dark on our side to let us see the sky. The gardens are the best part of this place. The site advertises it as 14 acres of garden but it feels smaller than that. perhaps they are counting all of the very large lawns. It's still fantastic with many different themed gardens. Each garden has a mailbox with a flyer inside describing the theme and plants in that section. Love the grotto with the hidden bench! There are little surprises all over like the covered bridge bird house.
The prime rib was wonderful, the stroganoff just okay. Our package included dinner otherwise we probably wouldn't have eaten there.
The not as great points: Breakfast was continental with waffles. Really a bit of a disappointment as so many places now offer a good complimentary breakfast with choices of a few hot things. The only fruit offered was grapefruit.
The bathroom is tiny. You must stand at the back wall beside the toilet to close the door. Most of the decor is very nice but in the bathroom the cabinet is faced with kind of seedy looking meant to look like rattan but fooling no one paper!
Information for wheelchair users: They only offer a queen bed in their accessible suite so we tried staying in a king room without the accessible features and it worked out okay for us because the bathroom was so small. There is a bar in the bathtub/shower as well, but my over the bathtub bench would not work in it. We looked at the accessible room and that bathroom was great so we may just settle for the smaller bed next time.
The doors were wide enough for a large wheelchair to go through easily, even the back door to the patio. Easily 90% of the gardens gravel paths were able to be used by a manual wheelchair. The others were just too narrow but you could see almost every single thing by going another route anyway so, for us, it was no big deal and a good time. The ramps on the newer section are smooth and nice and wide and not too steep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Green Resort and Gardens include an onsite restaurant "Seasons at The Green" and the Fireside lounge with live entertainment each night! Beautiful cozy Guestrooms that offer private garden patios and 14 acres of themed gardens to enjoy. Village Green is within walking distance of the 14 mile paved Row River Trail that takes you around Dorena Lake by bicycle, horse or running! Here at the Village Green Resort we offer Tandem Bike Rentals to see the area and bike the Row River Trail. We also offer an on site Beauty Salon. Cottage Grove is well known for it historic Covered Bridges. There is so much beauty here you will want to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Village Green Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Green Hotel Cottage Grove
- Village Green Cottage Grove
- Village Green Hotel And Gardens