“Smoked Salmon Benedict!!!”

Buster's Main Street Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the historic Cottage Grove Hotel, Buster's Main Street Cafe provides a warm environment coupled with great food. Enjoy Eggs Benedict, Salmon Omelets, Steak and Eggs, Philly Cheesesteaks, Reubens, Monte Cristo Sandwiches and more.We are open daily 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. We also sell genuine broaster chicken on Monday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This place was small and charming, located on the ground floor of a historic hotel. It was packed when we arrived at 1:00 pm on a Saturday, but we only had a to wait a few minutes. Service was prompt and polite. I had a hard time deciding what to order, everything looked delicious. My favorite breakfast/brunch dish is Eggs Benedict, so I ordered the smoked salmon variation, which had dilled cream cheese and capers. Even though Bennies are usually a heavy dish, I was able to clean my plate, even of my perfectly browned home fries! My friend had the original version of Eggs Benedict, which she thoroughly enjoyed. She said she'd never be able to finish it when her plate arrived, but I noticed when we were finished that the only thing left on her plate was a few hashbrowns and some ketchup. Be sure to check out their bottle shop, where they have hundreds of craft sodas as well as beer and wine. Another plus is that they serve breakfast until 2:00 pm, which is when they close. Great for those of us who sleep in!

1  Thank Jennifer G

Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is a great spot in the historic downtown area in the old hotel building. They always have a very friendly and helpful staff in a great old building. The food is always of high quality and they often have special plates featuring unusual ingredients such as the elk omelet I enjoyed. They also have a wide selection of root beers local and distant and are always fun to try. Though it is expensive it is definitely worth the money, but they are also worth looking up on groupon because they often have deals available there. That is how my family and I first got introduced and we are happy return customers!

3  Thank Blong83
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have eaten at Buster's Main Street Cafe several times. We have experienced good food and great, friendly service every time. Fantastic breakfast and lunch. Their bottle shop is our favorite place to get those one-of-a-kind sodas you can't find at just any store. Highly recommend Buster's.

2  Thank Wenda N
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Buster's has a Great Breakfast! It is a small place, very laid back. I like the small town vibe, very friendly staff. The cooks will usually have something different, special everyday, with the traditional good old standbys always available if you are looking for comfort food. Large Portions!

2  Thank TXwhitewater
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We always enjoy breakfast at Busters. The staff is friendly and the food good with generous portions. The owner offers mid week veteran discounts and free meals for vets on the 11th of EVERY month. Prices are a bit high $$$ but worth it.

2  Thank Edythe S