“Good Indian food”

Gateway to India
Ranked #25 of 49 Restaurants in Cottage Grove
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a good discovery for such a small Oregon town. The lamb was very tender. Both chicken and lamb were flavorful. The garlic nan was exceptional. We really enjoyed it.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I recently moved from L.A to oregon to be closer to family because we he travels for work a lot because of my husbands travels we have been to some of the best restaurants in the world and the food at Gateway to India was superb. The buffet was amazing the naan were some of the best i've had and the restaurant was very accommodating of my daughters peanut allergy even though we were clutezs and forgot to mention it at first. They took the food back and prepared it to perfection my husband had the Lamb tiki kebab I had the shrimp Biryani (hope thats spelled right) and my daughter had a Korma they were all amazing. I highly recommend this to anyone. We have been back many times now and it is our go to places now. We love coming home and stopping at Gateway to India

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Drove out of my way to reach this restaurant on my way from Eugene Airport to visit my son in Coos Bay in April, 2012 Owners told me the food could be picked up at the gas station across the street but I could only pay cash. I picked up my order, paid cash and drove to Coos Bay, two hours away, in torrential rain, only to discover that the restaurant had shorted me most of my order...no entrees and no rice or side items.. I had bread and appetizer only. I called the restaurant immediately and four or five times since that day in April. . I have been promised a refund at least as many times and given them my address in Florida repeatedly. I do not live in Oregon. I waited patiently for the refund to arrive (as promised) in the mail and nothing ever did. The restaurant has never returned a penny of my money. I live in Orlando, Florida. I am out nearly $40. I understand that mistakes happen but at this point, this is theft.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Good food at excellent prices.. hadn't expected to find in Cottage Grove

2  Thank Gillian H
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed at a motel the next exit north and decided to try this Indian place-had low expectations! It's in a round building near a Comfort Inn... close to I-5. I had the lunch buffet-- lots of choices and I sampled several! Just enough heat to be interesting and the tandoori chicken and butter chicken were both great!! They bring bread to ur table and not much of it! We ordered more bread and it didn't arrive until we had finished eating!! It was crazy! Food was good but b sure and order bread first!

2  Thank Alboise1