“Not bad.”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a relatively new restaurant that is part of a small family chain of restaurants on the West Coast of the U.S.
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The food is good and priced decently. The service in the bar was not so great, but other than that good.

There are newer reviews for El Tapatio

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went to this restaurant with friends and family. All 8 of us were thoroughly satisfied with the food, service and the decor/setting of the restaurant. The service was first rate, the place was immaculate, and the decor was very good. The booths had hand carved backs and the tiles and paintings were first rate. However, the food was the star. They advertise as Jalisco cuisine but I am not enough of an expert to tell the difference. All the food was well prepared, fresh and folks raved about the taste. What more can I say? They prepared a fresh guacamole at the table that was outstanding. I had carne asada that was the best I've had. Overall, a great experience.

1  Thank bjgiff
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife and I went here for lunch. They have various $5.95 lunch specials, which includes one main entre item, rice, beans, chips and a large beverage which my wife ordered. Price is right and the food was good. They had an additional "daily special" which included a enchillada and taco (beef or chicken), beans, rice and chips which I ordered - it was very good. If you're on a budget and want good food in a spotlessly clean restaurant - this is the place to go.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

You have to go to the bathroom here... haha, so pretty. Beautiful parking lot and building. Food is bland and rather expensive for what you get. I was very disappointed.
There are 3 major Mex places in CG, I would rather go to Torreo's.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I and my significant other went here this evening for dinner. Food quality was excellent, like always. Very tasty salsa, service was prompt, value for the dollar spent, I felt was real good. This location used to participate with the Rewards network program, which is a value-added way to enhance mileage amounts through airlines. They dropped out of the program in the middle portion of 2011.. If they would begin participating in Rewards network again, since I only live 30 miles away from Cottage Grove I would happily dine there as often as possible. That is the one and only recommendation I would have for El Tapatio.

Been to El Tapatio? Share your experiences!