“Just kind of Ho-Hum”

Stacy's Covered Bridge Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to Stacy’s many times over the years and I have had great meals there and a few rather awful meals there. Last night, I met some friends and we happened to get there early so we ordered off of the Early Bird menu. The nice thing about that is that you get a full meal....either a soup or a salad, the entree and an ice cream sundae for dessert. The tomato soup was delicious as was the crusty hot bread. Next came my entree which was the cod in a lemon sauce. The taste of the fish and the sauce was good, but the portion was tiny and it came with exactly three asparagus spears (that still had the hard inedible ends on them). It was a sad looking plate. My one friend ordered the steak and she said that it was delicious and the portion size was reasonable. Another friend got the chicken with the portobello mushrooms and her portion was so large that she took some home. One friend ordered the cod fish and chips and she got two huge pieces of cod while my friend who got the same entree as me had a tiny portion like mine. All of these dinners were the same price ($18) so it was a bit strange how different they were just in terms on the amount of food on a plate. I would have thought that they were running out of fish (which could have explained our tiny pieces) except that the fish and chips plate was huge. It was strange.

One excellent thing is that the wine pours are huge! Oh, and the service was very good.

But, another negative thing is that the old carpet is so sticky and gross that we all mentioned that our shoes stuck to the floor. And, don’t even use the ladies room, it is also very dirty. This is the kind of place that needs a serious upgrade on decor. And it needs some consistency in how much food is put on a plate. So, Stacy’s continues to be hit or miss. They are lucky that there isn’t too much competition in town, especially on a Monday night when most other restaurants are closed.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (179)

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Tired of driving and eating fast food, my husband and I decided to explore the Historic District in Cottage Grove to find a decent sit down restaurant. We scored when we spotted people coming in and out of Stacey's. The restaurant sits across the street from the town's covered bridge. Who knew that such a small town would have its own covered bridge! Everything about the evening was a pleasant surprise-good food, good service, a varied menu, and decent ambiance, plus a covered bridge to wander through after dinner. It was a relaxing and tasty meal after a long day of traveling.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Very good food. A great dining experience. I can't imagine that anyone going off the main food strip and dining at Stacy's will be disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

My husband & I took our 9 year old granddaughter to dinner for a special treat. She ordered lobster cargo & found it too garlicky. I enjoyed my 1/2 rack of bbq ribs & my husband liked his pan fried oysters. The strawberry lemonade was the best ever! Overall it was good but a little spendy. They do have early bird speciAls, which we missed.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019

The separate areas within the restaurant allowed for a small group to meet, have excellent food and get some work done.

Date of visit: December 2018