“Mold in bathroom. Unfriendly staff”

Best Western Cottage Grove Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cottage Grove
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Spend your money elsewhere. Room 104 smelled bad when we walked thru the door. Mold on the ceiling. Prices are way too high for this worn down establishment. Service was less than stellar. I will never stay at another best western in my life time. I should have slept in my car.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Rentalrun
Jessica K, General Manager at Best Western Cottage Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I will deffinatley look into the issues that you have brought to my attention. We vaule all of our guests and want you to have an excellent experience with us. I am truely sorry you were disappointed. Please if you have anything else you would like to point out about your stay don't hesitate to give me a call. Once again thank you for your point of view.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at the BW Cottage Grove Inn on a long trip, returning from Mexico to Canada. It was relatively easy to find off the Interstate 5 which helped as it was already dark by the time we arrived. Room was quiet and comfortable and of course really clean. It was great to have a decent sleep after so many hours driving. We had a restaurant recommended to us from the front desk (Stacy's) - a really good meal. We will definitely stop at Cottage Grove on our next drive south.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post on trip advisor. We look foward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was a very nice place to spend the night.

The hotel is obviously not brand-new, but that's ok. It could stand some very minor updating that I'm not going into. What is generally needed is pretty minor.

With one exception.

The toilet in our room could barely flush toilet paper. I can readily imagine what might happen if someone had---oh say---too much cheese for dinner. I can't say how the facilities are in other rooms, but I see no reason to think they are any better. The lack of water and water pressure in the can is a direct result of the "green" movement in hotels currently.

Now, on to other things.

For me, the pillows are much too hard and thick. In most places we've stayed, if there were more than 2 pillows, you had a selection of styles. Not here. All 8 pillows in this room were identical. And I thought they were lousy. But that's just me. My wife liked them just fine.

The hotel is clean and quiet. The heater in the room was quiet, efficient, and didn't smell funky. The staff was top-notch. The breakfast was very good.

It's a good hotel, but about 10-15% overpriced. If we happen to stay in Cottage Grove again, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feed back. We really apperciate hearing what is good and what our guest feel that would make their stay more comfortable. We do hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in our area. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We reserved a 1 queen on the BW website; we hoped for a little more elbow room than we'd get in a 2 queen. Alas, this 1 queen was built around the stairwell!

Nice place, just don't stay by the stairs.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us. We apperciate your feed back. We do try to make our geust as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

On our way from California to Seattle WA, on July 27, with our two grandkids, we decided to stay one night at Best Western Cottage Grove hotel in Oregon. The room were clean and the front desk was excellent. The continental breakfast was fantastic. We were so happy, that we make reservation to stay at the same hotel on our way back from Seattle.
Also there is a nice family restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your experience with us on trip advisor. We do apperciate the generous comments. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look foward to having you as our guest again. Thank You!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I work in the hotel industry as a marketing coordinator and my boyfriend and I went to Cottage Grove for the night to visit some friends since he used live there. The gentleman that greeted us was very friendly, we had a coupon for another hotel mistakenly thinking it was this one and the gentleman seemed very willing to accommodate us as we were willing to pay more but asked a 2nd lady there who came out for either for approval or opinion and she was not friendly nor willing to take a break of t their rack rate. In my experience when you have an empty hotel parking lot and coming into off season you do what you can to accommodate and keep people happy. It just gave me a bad vibe probably won't ever visit this hotel again, very bad representation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie F
Jessica K, General Manager at Best Western Cottage Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry that you didn't receive excellent costumer services. I will use your feed back to help improve my staff. Thank you!!!!!!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is our 2nd stay here at Best Western/Cottage Grove a small hotel right off I-5 in a populated area. We had 2 rooms adjoined. Rooms are small, with a refrigerator, microwave, and nice large flat screen tv. There is a new feel about our rooms and the layout is nice with a comfy chair with foot stool, and desk with leather type chair and desk table. Definitely clean and nice. Bed is comfortable. There is also a small pool which is thankfully warm (never understood why some pools are cold), a hot tub, and a little exercise room with treadmill, elliptical, and bike along with a tv. For breakfast (free) I saw premade scrambled eggs, hot sausage, hot biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals, bagels, breads, drinks, and such. Numerous fast food restaurants within walking distance. Good bang for the buck.

Room Tip: 2 floors. parking lot is right outside both front and back door. no bad rooms as far as i could te...