“Friendly staff, reliably tasty food”

Tarn Tip Thai Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 213 Restaurants in Corvallis
Cuisines: Thai
Los Angeles, California
“Friendly staff, reliably tasty food”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Tarn Tip is a good bet for lunch or casual dinner. The staff are wonderful and treat guests like family. The food is not fancy, but the quality is reliable. I usually ask for suggestions and they don't steer me wrong. Lunch specials are a good value. It's always fun to order their soup served in a flaming volcano pot.

Visited October 2011

Walla Walla, Washington
“Good value for lunch special”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

First time here. Busy at lunch, but found a table. Check the specials board. Good deal on chicken teriyaki with rice and veg for $5.95. Good portion of chicken and fresh tasting veggies.

Service was just OK. No one too friendly. I ordered a Thai Ice Tea and I was asked if I'd had one before. I had, but I wondered if I would have said no?

Took a while to get our bill even though you would think they wanted to clear the table for other lunch goers. Then the cashier wasn't happy with my $20. but they don't take cards and it was the only size bill I had.

Other tables food looked good, but tables are close together so it gets a bit noisy at lunch. Worth a good, cheap lunch.

Corvallis, OR
“Good food, Good service, good prices”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I have never been disappointed with the food at Tarn Tip. While I have certainly had better Thai food at much more expensive restaurants in large cities, for a dynamite very good lunch, you cannot beat it. Their lunch specials are always a great deal. I really like their whole fish with basil/mint/hot pepper/fish sauce coating.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Thai Food in Corvallis and Close to campus..”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Best Thai Food in Corvallis and Close to campus..

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Oregon
“One of my favourite places in C-town”
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Unlike others, I have never been disappointed with the service, but it could be I am more patient. Be warned, though, the wait staff will bring food out as soon as it's done, regardless of whether other meals at the same table are done as well, unlike other restaurants which will wait and bring out an entire table's dishes at once.

The food has always been delicious, and their Thai Iced Teas are the best I've had, by far. I would recommend the Musmun curry as well as the Paht Broccoli Prig, which is really only spicy if you eat the chilies (which I do :) ). Their lunch specials are also a great way to try new dishes at a cheap price.

Other information of note: They're closed from 3pm-5pm every day, and as others have said, they only accept check or cash. Whenever I go there for lunch, it's *always* packed, and dinner is similarly filled up, so I don't know what those other folks are talking about saying it's empty.