“Impresses a tough crowd”

Nearly Normals Gonzo Cuisine
Ranked #19 of 216 Restaurants in Corvallis
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed March 19, 2013

When my family came to visit from Colorado, they were nervous about eating at a vegetarian restaurant. We are not vegetarian and have 2 little girls. This is my favorite restaurant in the region, so they humored me. Everyone loved it & left stuffed! Absolutely the best.

There are newer reviews for Nearly Normals Gonzo Cuisine

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is comfortable and laid back, offering excellent and varied vegetarian cuisine. Imaginative specials, cheerful service, interesting building and good beer too. Order at the front counter as you go in, find a table and relax. Great place for lunch and they are also kind and accommodating with children.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Order as you go in by the counter, sit and wait under trees with mesh to catch the leaves. Awesome food (veggie cuisine). Right on Monroe close to campus. My kind of restaurant!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian. I normally eat food that is decidedly unhealthy. Needless to say I had my doubts if Nearly Normals would be a good fit. Well, as it turns out, it's a wonderful fit. I'm absolutely addicted to their salads and their tostada is simply the best I've ever had. I'm not a fan of tofu, but there are plenty of other choices that are fofu-less. Their Lumos wine is a delightful accompaniment to dinner. If it's summer and the weather is delightful, their patio is one of the nicest places in town. I could sit there for hours, oblivious to the fact that a major street is just yards away. Also, before you leave, buy a couple of their cookies. Oh, their toffee bars! Now, that's a cookie.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

It is such a pleasure to have a good vegetarian restaurant close to OSU, in an area where hunting and meat-eating is the norm. I've had the 'reuben' which is terrific, and several other dishes, but I'm completely hooked on their salad dressing which they also sell. You order at the counter, which is in a cramped space so its good to study the menu ahead of time, but the food is brought to your table. Some seating downstairs, but more upstairs. The decor is eclectic and interesting. There is a 'hippy-ish' atmosphere, but not to the extent where it would make conformists uncomfortable. Pricing is competative, but the food quality is superb. Located a block from OSU.

2  Thank dianesquid