All reviewsgrand manoracross the streetbest westernsoutdoor poolsitting areashopping and restaurantsother hotelswafflesgreat place to staypet friendly roomnice roombreakfast roomfirst choicetrader joescomfortable bedswe've stayedhot breakfast
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed here 1 night during the week when the weather kept me from commuting 40 miles to my home. Because it was last minute I didn't make a reservation but the front desk honored the rate I had seen online. Then when I got to my room and the TV wasn't working, the front desk clerk came to my room and spent probably 20 minutes working on my TV, and even replaced a broken part.

The room I was in was a little awkward. It was roomy, but the location of the TV was not comfortable for lying in bed and watching TV.

Also, it was a cold night, and I kept the heat running, but the room just wouldn't stay warm. I finally found that the window had been left slightly ajar. It was 20 degrees outside. That was something I think the housekeepers should have checked on such a cold day.

The breakfast was underwhelming. No cold cereal? That was a bummer. The cranberry juice wasn't working or wasn't hooked up right and you just got pink water.

The front desk staff in the morning was friendly, but a broker printer caused me to wait a little while longer than I wanted. But they were apologetic.

Overall, for the price, it's worth it. It is right next to a small strip mall with some stores and restaurants. There is ample parking. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The location is easy to find.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

The Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during inclement weather conditions. We are sorry for any inconveniences during your stay, but are very pleased that you found the front desk to be friendly and helpful. Please stop by again when you are in the Corvallis, Oregon area.

Reviewed November 4, 2010

As usual,our stay was great.As soon as we walked in the door ,I was greeted by name.We only stay here twice a year,yet they remember my name.Room was excellent,breakfast was plentiful and good.
All the staff from housekeeping to management was courteous and did all they could to make our stay the best it could be.
Unless something really bad would happen(freak of nature) we will continue to make this our Corvallas home.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you very much for your considerate compliments to our staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Corvallis, Oregon and welcome you to your home away from home. Thank you once again.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

We reserved three rooms to accomodate nine people. My wife visited the hotel during the week prior to the planned stay and viewed the rooms. When we checked in, it turned out that one of the rooms would not be able to sleep the number of people planned for the room because the sofa, was not a "fold-out" sleeper as was told to us, since it was simply a sofa. When this was discovered, the people at the front desk told us that the only alternative was for us to rent and additional room. We had just been to a funeral, and had no other alternative, so we paid for the additional room. When we asked to speak to a supervisor, we were told that we could not do that. The next morning, with different people were manning the desk, we asked when we would be able to speak to a supervisor, we were told that they couldn't provide that information to us. Two of the three people we spoke to at the hotel, were "in training" and couldn't help us. Very disappointed that the people manning the desk were not trained in accountability to customers, and did not understand the concept of taking responsibility for the business. When we returned home from the trip, we received a message on our phone, from one ot the people at the front desk, acknowledging that they had given us incorrect information, and an offer to provide the 4th room at half price. Very disappointed that the Hotel wouldn't own up to the error, and provide the 4th room on their nickel. I travel up and down the West Coast of the US and Canada, at least once a week. Never again in a Best Western.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank deandoc
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2010

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler,

The Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites offers our condolences for the unfortunate event with your family. We understand it must have been a trying time for you and inconveniences could not have found a worse time for your plans. We want you to know that we have been very diligent in comparing your review with our reports and evidences, there seem to be too many conflicts of stories. Our staff have been trained to offer the very best customer service and have authorization to handle simple situations such as this. Nonetheless, after all the ways we have accommodated your demands, we certainly we hope you have seen our service-oriented ethics. We ask that you give Best Western another chance to prove our service.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Made a last minute reservation..staff was very friendly, a pet friendly(1st floor), very clean, comfortable beds, rooms are a good size, convenient to stores,decent pool for the kids, and decent price. would definately recommend to others..will stay again

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

The Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites is overjoyed that you booked our hotel as a last minute reservation for your family and pet traveling with you to the Corvallis, Oregon area. We thank you very much for the wonderful comments about our hotel, staff, and amenities and we are delighted that we made your first visit to our hotel pleasurable. We look forward to seeing you again when you are traveling to Corvallis, Oregon.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

My wife and I stayed here in August on a "lets get away trip". The hotel itself is dated but is excellent condition. Our room showed signs of age, little things, like the plug in the tub was broken, screen door to balcony kept falling off, taps were missing the caps that indicated hot or cold etc. These little things did not in anyway hinder our stay as the hotel itself was clean, staff were great, the bed comfy (wife found it hard, just right for me) and the rooms very large. Pool area is nice but the water is very cool, it takes awhile to get used to it.
Breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts with eggs, sausage and waffles. The food was hot which is nice for a change. Yes I will stay here again and i recommend this hotel for a good stay and sleep!
P.S. We are probably jaded old people who are used to cruising and all of it's creature comforts so take what you will from this review!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

The Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites is delighted that you choose our hotel for your "lets get away trip". We are very happy that our hotel helped make your trip to Corvallis, Oregon a memorable stay. We would very much like to have you stop by again sometime for a "lets get away trip" to visit our many nearby local wineries, go bicycling, have lunch in one of our parks, enjoy one of our superb restaurants, or to visit O.S.U. Thank you once again from our staff and hotel.