“"I really relaxed"”

Best Western Corvallis
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I was quite impressed with how comfortable and clean the room was. Especially the bed and bath were cozy and met my needs as well as my wifes. The breakfast was a huge bonus and quite delicious. The staff and the manager Eunice Kim were friendly and helpful. I would have to say this motel put Corvallis on the map.

I look forward to staying there again hopefully this summer.

John-CA

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ORLVR
bwhotelcorvallis, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2008

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We would like to thank you for your continued patronage during your visits to Corvallis, Oregon. We are very happy that you find our hotel suitable to your needs and relaxing during your stay with us. We have to say that we are also very excited about our new hot breakfast that is offered daily. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Corvallis area.

Reviewed October 27, 2008

I had major problems with billing and handling of payments and authorizations. I originally reserved this on expedia.com. I checked in and at the time of check-in the front desk clerk was continually swiping my card (the same one accepted by expedia). I asked what the problem was and he said "oh our modem must not be working I'll run it later." About 4 hours later I get a call and he says my card won't work. I take my laptop downstairs and show him there's 10+ times more money in the account than what he's trying to charge so he continues swiping my card multiple times and eventually says, it won't work. I pay with another card and everything's fine. Today I find out they have 7 different holds for over $900 (the room was $98 with tax) and (remember all that swiping??) from the original card I gave to them, additionally they haven't released the original hold from expedia either. At this point I'm overdrawn because of this and starting to accumulate bounced check charges. I haven't been able to reach a manager or accounting person. This is the worst billing issue I've ever had by a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled with family
3  Thank everetts
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest relations manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2008

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites traveler.
We apologize for any inconvenience you endured during your stay with us. We were in training of a new desk clerk and he was not aware there was a communication problem with your bank. We did expedite resolving this issue on the same day that you contacted us with the situation and not only participated with a conference call to your bank to ask them to release the holds, but also faxed them a written release of any holds to your credit card from our hotel the same day. We are very sorry for this unfortunate incident because we have been are continue to be very meticulous in handling sensitive information. We hope you acknowledge our efforts and rapid communication with you on this matter. We welcome you to stay at the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites in Corvallis, Oregon on your future visits.

Reviewed October 18, 2008

I have spent multiple days with my heart in pain this year. Whenever I needed some peace and a friendly ear, I came to the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites, Corvallis, Oregon. Eunice Kim and her knowledgeable staff members welcomed me as if I was family and have yet to let me go.

If your customers are looking for a clean, peaceful, family-oriented establishment to enjoy the festivities offered in Corvallis, COME TO THE BEST WESTERN GRAND MANOR INN & SUITES! They will NEVER disappoint you.

The rates offered and discounts utilized are their specialty. They not only KNOW their job... THEY DO IT! After living here for more than two months, I can HONESTLY say: "I'd rather live here than in my own home. (Smile.)

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ALL4Thor

The staff at Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff. We really appreciate your staying with us and we strive to make each guest's stay an enjoyable experience here at the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites in Corvallis, Oregon. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2008

This is the third or fouth times that I have stay at Grand Manor Inn and each time the experience have been relaxing and friendly. The staff are very accomodating and the rooms are allways clean. Free Internet access in the room and lobby area.
Starbucks and shops are across the street. Overall, I am very please that we had booked this inn and recommend this place to travelers. There are lesser price rooms at other motels, but the services and ammenties cannot compare to this place. Sleep well...

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Basketball_Nut

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites traveler:

We would very much like to thank you for your continued patronage to the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites in Corvallis, Oregon. We are very happy that we are maintaining our high standards of quality service here at the hotel to make your stay a relaxing one. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 7, 2008

On our trip through Oregon on the way to Portland, we came upon
this place by chance. Never having been to a Best Western and
very much Marriott oriented we were very pleasantly surprised.
Carl and Kate at the reception desk gave us a very nice large
room with more amenities than expected. The breakfast was very
good, though the room very small for the number of guests having breakfast at the same time. The beds were very comfortable and having a refrigirator in the room was an added bonus. It certainly changed our mind about Best Western and on our next trip will not hesitate to stay at one.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank topsCapeCod_MA

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites traveler:

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to know that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay with us. We are very happy that our hotel has encouraged you to stay with Best Western for your future travel plans. We look forward to seeing you on your return to Corvallis, Oregon.

Reviewed September 30, 2008

This place is a Great Place to stay if you go to Corvallis. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are top class and the staff is wonderful and very helpful. You cannot beat this place for the price. We always stay there and i would not want to stay anywhere else. Weather you are going for business or just going to check out Oregon State University which is a beautiful campus, this hotel is very close to everything. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbalch
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2008

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites traveler:

Thank you for taking the time to highly recommend our hotel to other guests that may be visiting the Corvallis, Oregon area. We really appreciate all your wonderful compliments to our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2008

We spent one night here while visiting the OSU campus, which is about 2 miles away. The room with 2 queen beds was quite large, arranged a little differently than most hotel rooms (the chest of drawers extended into the middle of the room, serving as a kind of room divider) with 2 seating areas. The toilet and bath were in a separate room, with the sink and its amenities outside it. I appreciated the microwave and fridge, as we usually bring our own food along on trips.

I appreciated that they had CFL lighting in the room, and a notice about conserving energy and water. The bed was very comfortable. My chief complaint about the room was cleanliness: the room had some dust, one of the chairs held a stray jellybean and a child's hair clip, and there was a crushed cheerio on the floor, so it hadn't been vacuumed very well. The sink was slow to drain.

The lobby area was pleasant, and a computer was available to check my e-mail.

The continental breakfast was wonderful, with choices of cereals, pastries, waffles, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, juices, coffee and teas, as well as fruit.

The pool was small but clean, and welcome on a hot day.

The front desk staff was helpful and polite.

I would probably stay here again, because the price was right, overall it was a nice room, close to OSU, with a variety of restaurants nearby. But I would definitely make sure it was clean, first!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank TXswimmer
bwhotelcorvallis, Management at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2008

We appreciate your candid rating of our property. We apologize for the disappointing experience and have taken your review to the staff. We strive our best to exceed our guests' expectations. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!