“Just what we needed!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Seattle, Washington
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was our first time staying in a hotel with our pet (lab), so we were a bit nervous. The staff were great, the room was even better. Our kids liked the breakfast which is better than most...still can't get me to say those types are good...but it was sufficient with many options. My wife was really happy with the room which worked well for our dog, and the family without tripping over each other. They thought this through better than most with a hard surfaced room, so if you get cold feet bring your slippers along. Location of the hotel is fine only a mile from downtown and the campus which worked for us. I'm sure on our next trip we will stay here again. We have stayed at a variety of similar hotels around Corvallis and this was much better than the rest. If we wanted to point out things for improvement they would be...have a better place to run your pet on site, and better cleaning of the room...lots of dust bunnies behind doors and the non main areas. Overall the cleaning was fine...just saying how it could be better. Staff was very good, everyone was friendly and helpful and efficient. Well be back.

Room Tip: We had one of the "pet" rooms with two king beds so lots of room for our family
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are pleased that our pet friendly room with the tile floor was comfortable for you and your dog during your recent stay. We thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and we appreciate the encouraging comments about the hotel and staff. We welcome you on your next visit to Corvallis, Oregon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chandler, Arizona USA
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Grand Manor has always provided us with a restful place while in town. The staff makes sure things are perfect. The area feels safe, and the internet make staying in touch while away a plus. Large spacious rooms. Conveniently located near food, and shopping. The staff makes every effort to assist us and to make sure our needs are being met!

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are pleased that our hotel and staff offer you a "home away from home" while you are visiting Corvallis, Oregon. We are happy that our location of the hotel is convenient during your stay and that our hotel and staff offer you a clean, friendly and comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Eugene, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I love this Best Western. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the hotel is nice and clean. I love the quietness and the comfortable beds. When I stay over I need to ensure I get my rest and I always am able to sleep undisturbed. The hotel rooms are spacious and always clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are pleased that you are a frequent guest with our hotel. We appreciate your writing a review about your experience and we welcome the warm and friendly comments about the hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
San Gabriel, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Were told we were "upgraded" to a room with a balcony, then told that the water to our room would be shut off before 10 am. Staff very nonchalant about that. However, they were helpful with directions and ideas of what to do in town.

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay. We did have an emergency plumbing situation which required turning off the water. We do hope you will be returning to Corvallis, Oregon and will stay at our hotel.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here for two weeks in March, 2014. Two different rooms. Overall, my stay was pleasant, the staff is friendly and the breakfast options are pretty good if standard for a hotel in this range. Although good, my experience could have been better for the price.

The good: The staff was really friendly and helpful. I had a package delivered and some questions about how my bill was charged and they were able to meet me needs and remain courteous even when I was slightly confused. The food was good for what the hotel is. I was able to live on my normal yogurt and granola breakfast while staying there. The beds and linens were all comfortable. TV worked, etc.

The bad: I checked in very late upon arrival. The staff person was helpful and friendly despite the hour. I went to my room at quickly went to sleep. In the morning I noticed how dirty the room was. It had been cleaned, but there were paper scraps behind the couches, a flossing stick on the floor and a dirty towel in the closet. Nothing horrible, but it was offputting and made me wonder what else was dirty that I hadn't checked? I had two rooms during my stay and this first room was just strange. It's at the end of the building and didn't have enough light for the size and the arrangement was haphazard. Can't really fault the hotel too much, but it wasn't a comfortable space. Finally, the WiFi was pretty awful. My second room was much cleaner and more comfortable, but the internet was very spotty. Watching netflix in my room became frustrating and other connections were similarly slow.

Overall, not abad experience, but I wouldn't hesitate to look elsewhere in the category.

Room Tip: Dont' get the double king at the southwest end of the hotel, second floor. Be prepared for weak...
1 Thank faronium
Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with other travelers. We do hope you will have another opportunity to visit Corvallis, Oregon and that we will see you again.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I booked a room on Priceline for Corvallis and ended up at this Best Western. I was in Corvallis for business with my colleague and when we approached the front desk the blond haired manager-on-duty working on March 25th in the evening said we could only get a room with 2 beds for an additional charge of $10. Since it's no sweat off their back to give us a room with beds instead of one I was surprised at this charge and she replied that "Priceline is not worth booking through" because she said "they do not specify and you can't cancel your reservation" in other words she was letting us know - SCREW YOU. Or that's at least how I felt.

So after being extorted for the $10 and made to feel like a moron for using Priceline we went up to the room and discovered a foul smell in the corridors and a less faint but not great smell in the room. Probably to do with the fact it rains a lot in Oregon its hard to get places to smell great. But I bet they can do something about the smell and they should!

Also, the chair in the room had some dusty lining that was showing and that was off-putting and the windows to the room were rusty and that was kind of gross. Otherwise the room was fine.

Also, at breakfast (it was included) they give you tiny bagels and a huge toaster so that your bagels pretty much have to burn. There is a waffle machine and some eggs and sausages but the free breakfast is pretty much worth what you pay for it...

My advice is pick a different hotel in Corvallis if you are on a budget because the woman who is the manager-on-duty at this property doesn't give a damn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Priceline Traveler:

We feel your comments as quoted:
"I booked a room on Priceline for Corvallis and ended up at this Best Western. I was in Corvallis for business with my colleague and when we approached the front desk the blond haired manager-on-duty working on March 25th in the evening said we could only get a room with 2 beds for an additional charge of $10. Since it's no sweat off their back to give us a room with beds instead of one I was surprised at this charge "
are inappropriate since Priceline assures us that they let you know you have booked a room to accommodate 2 guests and if you require and special requests such as 2 beds you must either book a different Priceline channel or contact the hotel direct to verify if their are charges.
We feel your review is inappropriate to our desk clerk and hotel and is not fair.
Rock Hill, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My stays at this Best Western in Corvallis has always been pleasant; the rooms has always been clean in including the daily cleaning provided to my rooms. The from desk staff has always been very friendly during my stays, they are always cheerful during my welcoming greetings. I have always recommended this Hotel to my colleague at work

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you for your warm and friendly comments about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your taking the time from your busy schedule to write a review and also for recommending our hotel to your colleagues. We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Corvallis, Oregon.