All reviewsgrand manoracross the streetbest westernsoutdoor poolsitting areashopping and restaurantsother hotelswafflesgreat place to staypet friendly roomnice roombreakfast roomfirst choicetrader joescomfortable bedswe've stayedhot breakfast
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Bed was comfortable. Room was neat and clean, including bathroom.

Rooms are big, but the extra square footage is of little benefit. The desk is too small to provide a good work space for a business visitor. With all the empty space a larger desk would fit easily.
Staff friendly.
A $100 a night seems a bit much. Nice breakfast.
Even though it is near a main road, heard no road noise

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you for taking a few moments as a busy business traveler to write a review for our hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we accommodate many business travelers at our hotel and would like to make them comfortable during their stay while in Corvallis, Oregon. Some of our travelers find the extra space in the rooms with the sitting area to be of convenience if they are entertaining fellow employees or other guests for a meeting while they are in Corvallis, Oregon. We thank you once again for choosing our hotel and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to this area.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This property is nice with good sized rooms and amenities. Location is good for anything you want to do in Corvallis or surrounding areas. My beware title comes from this: Upon checkout and a few miles up the road to the Oregon Coast my wife realized she had left her very expensive flatiron in the room sitting on the AC (left there for it to cool before packing it). When I called, the staff was helpful initially and told me no one had been in the room but the housekeeper. After looking for it, I was told it was no where to be found. Seemed pretty obvious to me where it was then.

Amazingly enough when they contacted the housekeeper she denied having seen it (even though she was the ONLY person by admission to have been in that room beside the manager!!! I was livid and shocked that a reputable business would have such dishonest employees. I told them I would be filing a police report based on the obvious, still no flatiron.

I did file the report, and told the incredibly nice and patient Corvallis City Police Officer what happened, and that I simply wanted the iron back and was hoping by them actually going there and making contact with the people it might generate some integrity. Well, the officer called us a few hours later and said he spoke with management and the housekeeper but they denied knowing anything about it and not to get my hopes up. I thanked him and went about my business. Wait, this is where it good! I get a call not too long after the officers call and I was told the flatiron had magically reappeared and was found on one of the cleaning carts, no one admitted putting it there (its just showed up).

I was glad we got the wifes flatiron was back, but was very disappointed that a hired employee of a major chain would risk their job over a $200 flatiron, and it took a visit by a police officer to scare some integrity back into her! Makes you wonder what else they might take when you are out enjoying the city of Corvallis?

I only give it an average (wanted to go lower) but do honestly believe the rooms are nice and priced ok for the area.

To end on a positive note, the Police Dept in Corvallis is great! As a peace officer myself, I know it can be tough to take reports of such things because you know you will rarely have good news for the victim. Thank you CPD, and to BW Corvallis, hire some more trustworthy employees!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you for writing a review for our hotel and appreciate that you enjoyed the accommodations at our hotel during your stay in Corvallis, Oregon. We apologize for the inconvenience with your flat iron, but we needed your patience while the item was located. The flat iron was returned to you within 3 days after it was located. Our employees at the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites are very reputable and offered their best customer service in the assistance with the quick return of your flat iron even though we are not responsible for lost items in the hotel. Once again we thank you for staying at our hotel in Corvallis, Oregon.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is not a bad hotel, but you do not get what you pay for. This hotel is located on the edge of lower middle class neighborhood in Corvallis. It is right next to the Motel 6, and another lower end hotel. It is near a Trader Joe's supermaket, a discount clothing store (Marshall's I think) and a few other businesses. It is right near 9th street, but not on it.

This hotel looks to have once been a lower end hotel that was "spruced up" by installing decorative pillars, some balconies, and a large fancy overhang where the front entry way is located. Inside the hallways all of the rooms have fancy decorative pillar like entries around the doors, too, to make the hotel more fancy than it is. Beyond this decorative stuff, it is just your basic generic hotel.

The rooms are very large, which is both good and bad. Good in the fact you can stretch out. Bad in the fact that the 32 inch tv is too far away to see from the beds. In addition, since the rooms are large and shaped like an "L" and the tv is off to the side of one bed instead of at the feet of the bed.

The rooms are equiped with tv, two tables, 4 chairs, 2 beds, fridge, iron, hair dryer, coffee pot, etc. Not bad. Bathroom was normal size, but had cheap fiberglass tub and cheap surround around the tub. The vanity area was average and ok.

The room could have been cleaner. The corner areas and hard to reach parts had not been cleaned in awhile. There was an accumulation of soil in these area. There was some hair on the box springs and matress. However, the sheets and comforter were clean.

The hotel offers a decent hotel breakfast. Sausages, eggs, waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fruit, etc. It was a decent breakfast; I have seen better, and I have seen worse.

The hotel has an outdoor pool that is open during the summer months only.

Overall not a bad hotel, but not worth the $100.00+/night price tag. What you are paying for is their "decorative fancy" upgrades to try and make this hotel in to something that it is not. I would expect to pay more like 60-70 dollars/night for what I got instead.

If this review was helpful to you. I try and present accurate and honest reviews to help fellow travelers. If it was helpful, then please rate it. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelingmike
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We appreciate guests taking the time to write a review about their experience at our hotel, however we must let you know that this hotel was originally built with the balconies and pillars. The owners that built this hotel established several with the same style and design throughout Oregon and California. Many of our frequent guests enjoy the balconies for their view and the convenience of the sliding glass door that lets in sunshine for those people that enjoy the sun.
We apologize that you did not find our housekeeping service to be of excellent quality and service.
This hotel is and has been under renovation since it was originally built and receives many compliments for its decor and amenities from many travelers to the Corvallis area. We do hope that during your travels near and far you have the opportunity to visit Corvallis, Oregon once again and stay at our hotel. Thank you once again for choosing our hotel during your recent stay.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights this week and the Grand Manor was an excellent choice. We have stayed in many Best Westerns over the years, and this is definitely at the top of the list for spacious, spotless rooms and great breakfasts. We had been here once years ago, and it is still an excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are very happy that you had an opportunity to return to Corvallis, Oregon and stay at the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites hotel. We are also glad to know that our hotel provided you with outstanding customer service and excellent accommodations during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Corvallis and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I were originally booked for two nights but after being disappointed after the first night we stayed somewhere else. My main complaint is that this hotel does not have the normal AC unit in the window and it's not central AC. The unit is mounted on the inside wall, high and almost above the bed. Our unit did not work, it just blew warm air. It said on the unit not to put the thermostat below 68. I did in hopes it would cool the room down, which it did not. Also, you could hear the next door's AC, which is on the same wall making a loud humming noise. We ended up having to open the room windows to try to get some relief from the heat. So, we had traffic noise and light blazing into our room. I tried putting earplugs in to drown out the noise. After a half hour I went downstairs to complain to the front desk person. I insisted that he come to the room to see how hot it was and to see why the AC unit was not working and to hear the loud noise coming from the adjacent room. He tried to fix the problem by putting the AC unit below 68 degrees. I told him I already tried that. He insisted that I try it again and if it didn't work to let him know in a half hour. It was already 11 p.m by this time. He said there was nothing that I could do about the noise from the other unit but they could move us to another room for the following night that we were to stay.
The room never cooled down and I was so tired that I finally feel asleep. The next morning I found out that the desk person had put on his report that the issue was successfully resolved. I told the new clerk that I was not and that I was checking out and going somewhere else.
I would not stay here again. The place was nicely furnished and maybe all the rooms are not like the one that we had but I did not appreciate the night desk clerk basically blowing me off for that first night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you endured during your stay at our hotel. We are sorry that you found your accommodations to be unsatisfactory and that we were not able to accommodate you for your entire stay in Corvallis, Oregon. We do hope that you will return to Corvallis, Oregon in the future and that our hotel will have another opportunity to serve you with our excellent customer service and accommodations.