Best Western Corvallis
$64
Priceline
$159
Travelocity
All reviewsgrand manoracross the streetbest westernssitting areashopping and restaurantsoutdoor poolother hotelsgreat place to staynice roomyogurttrader joesbreakfast roombreakfast burritowe've stayedcomfortable bedsfirst choicein town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights this week and the Grand Manor was an excellent choice. We have stayed in many Best Westerns over the years, and this is definitely at the top of the list for spacious, spotless rooms and great breakfasts. We had been here once years ago, and it is still an excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are very happy that you had an opportunity to return to Corvallis, Oregon and stay at the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites hotel. We are also glad to know that our hotel provided you with outstanding customer service and excellent accommodations during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Corvallis and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I were originally booked for two nights but after being disappointed after the first night we stayed somewhere else. My main complaint is that this hotel does not have the normal AC unit in the window and it's not central AC. The unit is mounted on the inside wall, high and almost above the bed. Our unit did not work, it just blew warm air. It said on the unit not to put the thermostat below 68. I did in hopes it would cool the room down, which it did not. Also, you could hear the next door's AC, which is on the same wall making a loud humming noise. We ended up having to open the room windows to try to get some relief from the heat. So, we had traffic noise and light blazing into our room. I tried putting earplugs in to drown out the noise. After a half hour I went downstairs to complain to the front desk person. I insisted that he come to the room to see how hot it was and to see why the AC unit was not working and to hear the loud noise coming from the adjacent room. He tried to fix the problem by putting the AC unit below 68 degrees. I told him I already tried that. He insisted that I try it again and if it didn't work to let him know in a half hour. It was already 11 p.m by this time. He said there was nothing that I could do about the noise from the other unit but they could move us to another room for the following night that we were to stay.
The room never cooled down and I was so tired that I finally feel asleep. The next morning I found out that the desk person had put on his report that the issue was successfully resolved. I told the new clerk that I was not and that I was checking out and going somewhere else.
I would not stay here again. The place was nicely furnished and maybe all the rooms are not like the one that we had but I did not appreciate the night desk clerk basically blowing me off for that first night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you endured during your stay at our hotel. We are sorry that you found your accommodations to be unsatisfactory and that we were not able to accommodate you for your entire stay in Corvallis, Oregon. We do hope that you will return to Corvallis, Oregon in the future and that our hotel will have another opportunity to serve you with our excellent customer service and accommodations.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I understand that this isn't a four star hotel, but I'm giving it four stars on Trip Advisor because I am impressed! For ~$80-90/night you really can't beat this place. This is not a destination hotel, but if you find yourself in Corvallis needing a place to stay, consider this an option. It was very, very clean, the gentleman at the front counter was very pleasant. All dark wood furniture, four chairs, wired and wireless, microwave, fridge, hairdryer, bedding was clean and somewhat modern, both a/c and heat worked, and there was a 32" flat screen tv.
The view out my window was...of a parking lot and dumpster. As I said before, this isn't a resort destination. There was your average continental breakfast, but I didn't partake as I had other breakfast plans. They have a pool, but it faces a pretty busy street. Its less than 2 miles to the OSU campus, which was convenient.
Overall, I'd highly recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive place to stay that isn't disgusting.

Room Tip: They offer a decent government rate, if you need one.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler,

We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your recent stay in Corvallis, Oregon with our hotel. We thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. Like yourself our hotel would very much like to have the dumpster behind our hotel moved or placed in a much more appropriate containment. We have tried many times to relate this message to the owner of the property, the garbage company and the city of Corvallis. We hope that in time our voice will be heard and travelers to the Corvallis area will not have to witness this unsatisfactory site. We thank you once again for staying at our hotel.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, the Holiday Inn Express on the River and the Super 8. This one is head and shoulders above the rest. Due to a scheduling misunderstanding, we needed 3 nights in Corvallis to get my daughter into her dorm at OSU, instead of the two I'd booked. Girl at the Hilton seemed bothered and annoyed that we needed a 3rd night and was very clear that they had no room. (Another employee later found a room for us but we'd already made reservations at the Best Western at $80/night less.) When I walked into the room at the Best Western I was amazed at how spacious it was. A king bed, small couch, roomy desk w/ internet, sitting area, big TV, fridge & microwave. VERY CLEAN. VERY QUIET. Won't stay anywhere else in Corvallis again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are very happy that you stayed with the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites hotel while you were in Corvallis, Oregon. We are excited to hear that the spacious rooms with the flat screen televisions made an outstanding experience during your visit. We welcome you to stay with us on your next visit to Corvallis, Oregon.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

For about the last 12 years we have stayed at the Grand Manor every summer. The rooms are all large, everyone is very friendly and helpful and the hotel is always so very clean! They also have a laundry room which we usually have to use. We get a room with a balcony - it is so pleasant to sit out there and read with a view of Mary's Peak!

Room Tip: call the hotel direct
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are pleased to know that our hotel has been your home away from home during your visits to Corvallis, Oregon for many years. We are glad that you have had the opportunity to enjoy a balcony room at our hotel and found a wonderful view of Mary's Peak which is one of the many attractions in the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Corvallis.