“Good Value”

Best Western Corvallis
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I travel weekly to Corvallis. I usually stay at the Grand Manor, a reasonable combination of value and convenience.

The hotel is a bit dated but always clean. The rooms are oversized, with a separate sitting area, which is nice given how often I stay. Service is top rate, with staff uniformly attentive and curteous. The property is located on a busy corner in a commerical district, but the rooms are quiet and I've never been bothered by road noise. Having a small mall across the street provides some grocery and restaurant choices, important since the Grand Manor doesn't have a restaurant on-site. Travelling on business, I appreciate the free wi-fi.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BGTom
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and your patronage is greatly appreciated at the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites. We are also very excited to have the new market center located directly across the street from the hotel with dining and shopping for our guests. We thank you once again and look forward to seeing you soon during your next business trip to Corvallis, Oregon.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Leave nothing of value in your vehicle. We left about $600 worth of clothing,electronics, and personal items locked and covered in the back seat of our vehicle and found it open the next morning, and everything was gone. The hotel staff told us it was common in the area. There are no signs to warn you. If this happens or has happened to you, the Corvallis Police Department has made it fairly simple to file a theft report online at their website.

The hotel was good for the price, although I had to adjust the toilet flush chain so that it worked properly and put WD-40 (which I had in my vehicle) on the bathroom door hinges to stop the squeak.

We found the coffee pot empty at morning breakfast more than once during our five night stay. I would stay here again knowing what I know now. Now that you are warned, you should have a fine stay.

There is a computer in the lobby, but the hotel staff were on it almost every time we came into or left the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We are sorry that such an unfortunate incident took place while you were staying in Corvallis, Oregon. We are very happy to know that you will be returning to Corvallis for another visit and we extend our warmest welcome to you from the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

This place was lovely! We stayed just one night on our way to another spot, but if we had planned a longer stay in Corvallis, we would have certainly enjoyed this hotel for a longer stay. The staff was friendly, the room large and very clean, and it was quiet. Wifi worked fine, nice TVs. Just everything suited our needs. Great place!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites. We appreciate your acquainting other travelers with our hotel amenities, spacious rooms and friendly staff. We welcome your return on your next trip to Corvallis, Oregon.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

The inn was fine; economical, clean, and a pleasant complimentary breakfast. However, the head housekeeper was upset because one of her staff had washed the linens "in the wrong order." She went on about how it would ruin her day. She was loud, unpleasant, and my friend and I were uncomfortable and surprised she felt the lobby needed to share in her anger.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We sincerely express our apology for the unpleasant situation you experienced at our hotel with the staff. We are sorry that you did not find them to be hospitable, pleasant and helpful during your stay.

We thank you for complimenting the hotel on its cleanliness, economical value, and pleasant complimentary breakfast. Our hotel and staff strive to maintain a high standard of quality and service for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are traveling on business to the Corvallis, Oregon area.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed here 1 night during the week when the weather kept me from commuting 40 miles to my home. Because it was last minute I didn't make a reservation but the front desk honored the rate I had seen online. Then when I got to my room and the TV wasn't working, the front desk clerk came to my room and spent probably 20 minutes working on my TV, and even replaced a broken part.

The room I was in was a little awkward. It was roomy, but the location of the TV was not comfortable for lying in bed and watching TV.

Also, it was a cold night, and I kept the heat running, but the room just wouldn't stay warm. I finally found that the window had been left slightly ajar. It was 20 degrees outside. That was something I think the housekeepers should have checked on such a cold day.

The breakfast was underwhelming. No cold cereal? That was a bummer. The cranberry juice wasn't working or wasn't hooked up right and you just got pink water.

The front desk staff in the morning was friendly, but a broker printer caused me to wait a little while longer than I wanted. But they were apologetic.

Overall, for the price, it's worth it. It is right next to a small strip mall with some stores and restaurants. There is ample parking. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The location is easy to find.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

The Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during inclement weather conditions. We are sorry for any inconveniences during your stay, but are very pleased that you found the front desk to be friendly and helpful. Please stop by again when you are in the Corvallis, Oregon area.

Reviewed November 4, 2010

As usual,our stay was great.As soon as we walked in the door ,I was greeted by name.We only stay here twice a year,yet they remember my name.Room was excellent,breakfast was plentiful and good.
All the staff from housekeeping to management was courteous and did all they could to make our stay the best it could be.
Unless something really bad would happen(freak of nature) we will continue to make this our Corvallas home.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler:

We thank you very much for your considerate compliments to our staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Corvallis, Oregon and welcome you to your home away from home. Thank you once again.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

We reserved three rooms to accomodate nine people. My wife visited the hotel during the week prior to the planned stay and viewed the rooms. When we checked in, it turned out that one of the rooms would not be able to sleep the number of people planned for the room because the sofa, was not a "fold-out" sleeper as was told to us, since it was simply a sofa. When this was discovered, the people at the front desk told us that the only alternative was for us to rent and additional room. We had just been to a funeral, and had no other alternative, so we paid for the additional room. When we asked to speak to a supervisor, we were told that we could not do that. The next morning, with different people were manning the desk, we asked when we would be able to speak to a supervisor, we were told that they couldn't provide that information to us. Two of the three people we spoke to at the hotel, were "in training" and couldn't help us. Very disappointed that the people manning the desk were not trained in accountability to customers, and did not understand the concept of taking responsibility for the business. When we returned home from the trip, we received a message on our phone, from one ot the people at the front desk, acknowledging that they had given us incorrect information, and an offer to provide the 4th room at half price. Very disappointed that the Hotel wouldn't own up to the error, and provide the 4th room on their nickel. I travel up and down the West Coast of the US and Canada, at least once a week. Never again in a Best Western.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank deandoc
bwhotelcorvallis, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2010

Dear Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites Traveler,

The Best Western Grand Manor Inn & Suites offers our condolences for the unfortunate event with your family. We understand it must have been a trying time for you and inconveniences could not have found a worse time for your plans. We want you to know that we have been very diligent in comparing your review with our reports and evidences, there seem to be too many conflicts of stories. Our staff have been trained to offer the very best customer service and have authorization to handle simple situations such as this. Nonetheless, after all the ways we have accommodated your demands, we certainly we hope you have seen our service-oriented ethics. We ask that you give Best Western another chance to prove our service.