“Fantastic dim sum for undecided diners!”
Review of Magenta Restaurant

Magenta Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 214 Restaurants in Corvallis
Cuisines: French, Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic dim sum for undecided diners!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

So I can't even be sure what I was eating but it was delicious. I am not from corvalis but can't imagine you will find better food of this type elsewhere. Entrees for foodies and dim sum for those who like a little of everything. Salmon was disappointing for Oregon (tasted fishy). Crab cake yummy. Zucchini with something ginger on top out of this world. Can I get the recipe!! ? Romantic yet ok for lone diners too. Friendly service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Live2traveldaworld

Folsom, California
“Beautiful ambiance, good food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I must have been there on a good night (Thursday) because I thought the food was outstanding. We were guests visiting friends in Corvallis. This was the first place they took us thinking we would enjoy the upscale environment. For a very hot evening (95 degrees plus) this providing a cool and relaxing place to spend a few hours.

Now for the food. The menu is very eclectic with an Asian/BBQ/American fusion twist. But one of the best dishes I have ever eaten was served here that night. The roasted tri tip appetizer was unbelievable. Wish that had been a regular dinner size entrée. We also had the lamb which was outstanding and many other good dishes off the appetizer menu. My brain is just stuck on that tri tip. Will definitely go back just for that!

One tip - if you enjoy wine, that menu is limited so you may want to BYOW. They do have an extensive bar selection though.

• Visited July 2013
Philomath, Oregon
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I decided to give this another try and brought an out of town visitor. It not only took almost an hour to get our food -- the appetizers came out with the meal. They were completely cold. The food was not good - it had obviously sat around also. The blond waitress is dumb as a rock and used profanity when I asked her about the food taking so long. I definitely will not be back. This was the third try and they struck out.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dianna97370
Philomath, Oregon
“out of towners prompted a surprise meal”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had some out of town guests rather unplanned and they we thought we could go to town and get a bite to eat and send them away with a nice meal.
It was a Monday night and we thought to try Magenta on second street. The town was dead on Monday night and there were few customers.

I am not familiar with this kind of dining and meal but was pleasantly surprised. We were a party of four, all ordered DIm Sum of sorts and no alcohol. The dishes were really good and the waitress was attentive and helpful.

Our guests as well as we, enjoyed the meal and service. We will go back for sure.

• Visited April 2013
Corvallis
“pu-pu's, dim-sum, appetizers - it's all good”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It's difficult to put one label on Magenta's cuisine - it's mostly Asian, maybe Southeastern, mainly - but it's definitely "Fusion" fare. By that, I mean, Magenta has a very creative chef whose imagination isn't limited to one region. This is a great place to go for that romantic dinner or a gathering with friends. While they have a entree menu, the small dishes are so great and varied, that so far we've stuck to them - without regret. And - they carry Kumomoto oysters (when available), the most delicious and succulent of bivalves, which puts them in the upper category of discerning restaurants, in my humble opinion. They also have a great wine and liquor selection for varied tastes and price ranges - definitely a good place to go to educate yourself about your favorite adult beverages. They even offer seminars on various liquors - give them a call to find out when they'll have something for your favorite beverage...
Tip: they usually fill the tables by 6 or 6:30, so think about going around 5:30 to beat the crowd.
Website: http://www.magentarestaurant.com/