“Best Japanese food in Corvallis!”

Aomatsu Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 221 Restaurants in Corvallis
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

An excellent selection of Sushi! The food is always fresh and tasty! The staff is friendly and helpful. We always have a wonderful time at Aomatsu and leave stuffed.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been eating here since it opened when we lived in Corvallis. We eat here pretty much every time we visit. While it has changed a few times over the years, it has stayed excellent. The food variety on the menu is enough to satisfy those looking for Japanese food. Getting good sushi in Corvallis was a great benefit. Over the years we've tried most of the items on the menu and everything has tasted great. If you want excellent sushi or other Japanese food, I'd encourage you to give this a try.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I used to live in Japan for 5 years so my standards are on the high side...I like Aomatsu even though I miss the ability to speak Japanese (the owners are Korean)...decent variety on the menu and pretty good quality

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Restaurants have a way of disappearing in Corvallis. Thankfully, Aomatsu has been there for years and still seems to be going strong. My husband orders nothing but sushi. He likes the size of the rice balls and slices of fish, and finds everything to be quite tasty. I usually order the special dinner plate, which is a large plate of teriyaki (steak or salmon), tempura, gyoza or yakitori, and a california roll along with rice. It's all quite good. The restaurant is attractive and the service is good.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been dining at Aomatsu for over 15 years and have seen it expand twice in that time. It is my favotite place to eat and my families as well. The food is always excellent and the price is reasonable for sushi. Over the years I have brought many friends there and it has become a favorite eatory for many of them as well. We are always met with a friendly greeting from the Sushi Chefs when we arrive. If the owner is there, he always takes the time to personaly greet us and shake our hands. There is some turn around with the wait staff as they are mostly OSU students, but they are usually friendly and helpful. I have probably averaged going there at least once a week for many years. I would hate to think how much money I have spent there, but it has become more that just a place to eat for me. I look forward to going there to relax, eat great food and converse with friends, family and the sushi chefs. I have found that when I travel and try other sushi places, they usually do not compare well with my experiences at Aomatsu.