“Not for us!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Chicago, Illinois
“Not for us!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to Corvallis and decided to try out the Motel 6 because the online rate we got was amazing. We felt the hotel left much to be desired. However, it was still a decent place for the price and our one night stay.

The hallway was pretty run down and smelly. Our room also had an interesting odor and we assumed it was coming from the air conditioner. Overall, the hotel needs a little freshening up. We never really got that comfortable and relaxing feel while we were there.

The room "seemed" clean but the decor was extremely dated and took away from the clean feel (hope that makes sense). I think a little fresh paint and modern/comfortable bedding could do wonders for this hotel.

They also had a hot tub outside with a small sitting area but it was closed the entire time we were there.

I added a 2nd star to this review because the staff was extremely friendly when we checked in and that is a big deal to me.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Drove down from Seattle to visit family who just moved to the west (best) coast.

Hotel was clean, room very large, plenty of hot water, towels, FUNCTIONING WiFi (could even watch a Netflix movie). Nice walking distance to some close by and decent shopping and eating places (Starbucks, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, American Steakhouse, Trader Joe's, Safeway, etc)
Biking distance to downtown Corvallis (walk would be about 30 min or less).

This hotel happily accepts dogs - which was one of our requirements.

Hot Tub was "closed for the season" (?) - not that it really mattered to us this time - and sort of in the middle of the parking lot

For the price we paid (hotel directly, not Priceline or the like), a deal that is very hard to beat.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Friendly front desk, clean and quiet room with no frills (no shampoo, lotion, hair dryer, coffee) in room. Very comfortable bed. Great shower head. Forgot my hair dryer so front desk happily provided one. It's been a long time since I've stayed at a Motel 6 and I was satisfied with my experience except disappointed there is no continental breakfast, as so many places provide that now. I love the location: a short 5 min drive to downtown Corvallis and to OSU campus, yet right next to shopping, coffee or a few restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My wife & I stayed here 3 nights in September to drop our daughter off at OSU as well as attend the OSU Football game. During football weekends, hotel room prices are at a premium for area hotels. If your schedule is flexible, avoid OSU Football weekends in Corvallis, unless your attending the game...

Positives: Rooms were cleaned and basic with no frills. If you go in with minimal expectations, then you will not be disappointed. This motel is adjacent to the Best Western and right across a shopping complex that has an Italian restaurant, Jamba Juice and Trader Joe's. Service was OK and helpful enough. Lots of parking.

Negatives: No elevators. Real difficult carrying luggage up three flights of stairs if your staying on the 3rd floor.

I would recommend this property if your looking for an Economy Motel in the area, but if your not ,consider another property.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SGerard_S84
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed at this motel for two nights on my way to my vacation destination. I needed to break up the drive as well as visit with friends in town and take care of some personal business there. It was in the perfect location for the things I needed to do in Corvallis. The room was very large and clean. The furniture was not fancy, but it all matched and was relatively new, so was in great condition. I had one queen bed, a table and chairs, and a large desk area with a TV set and plenty of room to use my computer - there is WiFi.

The one thing I didn't care for was that I had asked for a first floor room, because I have a bad left hip, but they don't check the reservations for special requests like that until you check in, and by the time I got there, there weren't any first floor rooms left. Unfortunately, there is not an elevator, so I had to carry my things to the second floor. In defense of the motel, the desk clerk offered to help me carry in my luggage, and he gave me the closest possible room to the stairs, so I didn't have to deal with walking down the long corridor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Writerwannabee
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed August 10, 2010

To clarify, this is the Motel 6 by the Fairgrounds . . . not downtown Albany.

Booked online, 2-queen beds, received great rate! Went to check in and received 1-queen bed but at same rate! When I went to give AAA for discount, was told the rate I have is the AAA rate. However, I did not book it that way online!

Room has NO coffee pot! You must ask for one and then they have not condiments to go with it. Also, room had NO hair dryer. I do not know if they provide those or not.

The hotel had a hot tub but it was closed for the season. Judging from the dirty condition of it, I would say it was closed for quite some time. The vending machine was empty too, nothing to drink; but hey, you had lots of ice!!!!

Bathroom had no toiletries . . . ONLY 1 bar of soap. AND only enough towels for 1-person! AND the entire hotel had no Kleenex! I asked, they had zero, zilch, none! The oriental gal spoke very little english and maybe she didn't understand?

At any rate, I will not stay there again. But usually my experience at a Motel 6 is a good one. Just not this time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1200XLRider

Travelers are raving about these Corvallis hotels

Oregon
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I routinely stay at this Motel 6 during when I teach at the university, as the recently renovated rooms are very clean and quiet. I have stayed at the other Corvallis motels in this price range (Super 8, Days Inn and Rodeway) and find the Motel 6 to be much better. The office staff is very friendly and interested in customer satisfaction.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business