“Unreasonable Reservation Policies” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Portland
“Unreasonable Reservation Policies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for all the 2009 home OSU Football games. We went to make our reservations for this next football season and we were told that we now had to pay in full for the room in advance (once the reservation is made). We were also told that the reservations could not be cancelled regardless of how far in advance we wanted to cancel. There would be the normal two night minimum (which was the same as last year) and no discounts for members for the Alumni Association. The Alumni Association advertises that you get discounts on lodging at this hotel. But they have decided to not honor this for 2010. Their rate for the football season is much higher then the normal rate. I hope that more people decide to not stay there this year because of their attitudes.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank osufan4ever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Stuttgart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

The hotel is in the suburban of Corvallis und hard to find. It is near the stadium. We had a room with two queen and booked the rate with breakfast. I stayed in a lot of hotel the last years and the breakfast here was one of the best. You got all fresh from the buffet and a fresh omelette or panfried eggs or... and also a fresh made omelette. The room was okay like all the other Hiltons two queen rooms.
There is a bar in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

The price was great and the rooms were well-appointed and modern. Loved the bed. We turned up late in the day and had no idea of where we were going to stay - found this Hilton and decided to go for it. The nice thing is that I feel pretty secure in knowing what I will get at the Hilton and this one was another good experience. The room felt and looked lovely, it was comfortable, it was modern and clean. The staff helped us with information on the area and we had a great night in Corvallis although we had no idea earlier that day that we would end up there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

After a number of 100+ degree days the Hilton Garden Inn offered locals a special "stay cool" rate to escape the heat. I gratefully accepted their offer and was extremely pleased with the experience. A comfy, cool bed, refrigerator and coffee maker were all I really needed, but it was so much more. Staff was efficient and helpful and they even had a complimentary toothbrush! (Packing in a hurry since my house was soooo hot!) I'll recommend them to my out-of-town friends. Thank You Hilton!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is a great hotel! I stay often on business and have had nothing but great service. The hotel and the rooms are always spotless. The restaraunt serves really good food and drinks. The location, right on the Oregon State University campus can't be beat. The Hilton Garden Inn is easily the best hotel in Corvallis and I recommend it to everyone I know.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

I haven't even stayed at this hotel but I can tell by their reservation system and refund policy that this hotel is terrible.
I made the mistake of thinking booking a hotel online would be quick and painless. Unfortunately if you don't read the fine print you may wind up losing money if you have to cancel your reservation.
I made the mistake of selecting the first cheap option that popped up and didn't realize until it was to late that my room was non-refundable.
We had an event come up that was unavoidable and caused us to have to cancel our reservations. We canceled 4 days before our reservation, plenty of notice time, but they refused to refund any of the cost.

I cannot believe a supposedly classy place like the Hilton would even offer a non-refundable reservation.
Maybe they should be called Hilton motel or something.
Needless to say I do not plan on staying at a Hilton ever again, when they have such shady business practices.

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank stewarca
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

We got the evolution room. The bed was the was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on! The location is ideal for any university events. Located right in front of the football stadium. I wished this hotel was open a few years back when I was in Corvallis for a graduation. The staff is great. The receptionist stayed with me on the phone when I got lost finding the hotel. Will stay here again!

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)