“Great blue and close to the University”

Hilton Garden Inn Corvallis
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Scottsdale, AZ
“Great blue and close to the University”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and centrally located. The restaurant had a variety of menu selections for breakfast and took special order to supplement the buffet. The bar staff was courteous and prompt with t he orders.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank C5H4
David G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corvallis, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Hello -

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments regarding your stay. I appreciate your willingness to voice your concerns, and I do ensure you that we will take every step we can to address the concern regarding noise and the air conditioning unit. We strive to ensure all of our guests have wonderful experiences, and I hope we have the opportunity to show you that on your next visit to Corvallis.

Please contact me directly should you have further questions, comments or concerns.

David Gerkman
(541)286-9823

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very friendly, helpful staff. The front desk really sought out to help me. I requested bus service and taxi service for another day, they sent me a print out of the bus sched and a map of the route and taxi numbers. It was up in my room when I came back. The staff at the bar/restaurant were also very helpful and friendly. Food was good. However, maybe a little pricey for what you get. I didn't want to go into town so I didn't mind. I enjoyed using the fitness room. They had enough equipment and fresh towels were available. A good looking pool was there but I did not use it. Overall, I definitely enjoyed my time here. I wish the price was a bit lower.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times. Its a decent business oriented hotel. The rooms have good size bed, functional desk etc. The gym is small but OK and the pool looks nice even though I have not tried it. They serve cookies and beverages in the lobby for guests for free. It is conveniently located especially if you are going to OSU. I have 2 complaints: 1) the air conditioning is pointed right at the bed so when it comes on you get cold and a wind that is annoying 2) I can hear noise from rooms around me at night so it does not have enough sound proofing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gzau
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel is old. Feels old, especially for the price. What irks me about the place though is setting the max volume limit on the TV to 41 out of a possible 100 total volume on an LG tv. Most hotels limit volume to about 78 on that TV. That is reasonable. I could barely hear the TV at all. I would stay elsewhere unless you have super human hearing, or don't plan to watch any TV.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoeFromDallas2014
David G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corvallis, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments regarding your stay with us. We strive to ensure all of our guests have positive experiences with us, and I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay in Corvallis. We will work to address the volume issue mentioned in the review, but I do hope that you join us again in the near future so that we can provide an excellent, comfortable, and enjoyable stay during your time with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay, and please contact me at any time should you have additional questions, comments, or concerns about your stay.

David Gerkman
(541) 286-9823
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We visited our son who studies at OSU. This hotel is within the OSU campus and is very conveneint. The hotels staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are clean and comes equipped with a fridge and microwave. Overall loved our stay here and this was our second time!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was staying here with my husband who was in town for work. We're pretty low maintenance and happy to have a refrigerator in our room, complimentary Wi-Fi access, a super clean bedroom and bathroom, and a small useable fitness center, in walking distance to whatever we need. This hotel had it all, except that the internet connection was INCREDIBLY slow.

It'd also be nice if breakfast were free and/or filled with a few more options, but it worked and we got a really great deal on the rate. Great local beer on tap as well. We stayed with a ton of Husky baseball fans in town for the UW-OSU baseball fan, but they didn't disturb us at all, but we did hear that you might want to ask if there is a major sporting event being held, and to ask to stay on an opposite side from them. But again we didn't notice.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor away from any action.