“One of the better Comfort Inn properties” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites of Corvallis

Comfort Suites of Corvallis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 NW 9th St, Corvallis, OR 97330-2141 (Formerly Salbasgeon Suites of Corvallis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Macomb, Michigan
“One of the better Comfort Inn properties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here for a week while on business in Corvallis. Your first impression might be that the location isn't the greatest, but the property is situated well back from 9th Street which eliminates any traffic noise. There are also several dining and grocery options within easy walking distance. The decor of the hotel lobby and rooms might be a little dated but it appears they are slowly in the process of updating them. Rooms are good size with a nice 'living room' space. Not a fan of the bathroom sink and mirror being part of the main room but that's just my personal taste. My room had a mounted bottle opener on the wall so that more than made up for it! One of the better free hot breakfast spreads you will find and the kitchen does a nice job of switching up several of the items throughout the week. Front desk staff was very professional and polite. Contains one of the bigger fitness rooms and pools for a hotel of this size. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Stranda, More og Romsdal, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

With my work, I stay in a lot of hotels. This is definitely one of the nicer Comfort Suites. Very clean, nicely decorated, and great customer service. My job paid for the room, so I don't know how much it cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had my first stay ever at the Comfort Suites Of Corvallis last week. Overall it was a decent experience but we had a couple of problems with our room that I believe will discourage us from coming back at this time. I mean you dont expect these things when you pay $170 plus for one night.

1. Our Toliet didnt flush when we tried to use it, I ended up fixing this myself by taking the back off the toilet and manually fixing it.

2. Our Shower did not drain. The plug was broken so it stayed pretty much in a down position causing us to shower in standing water above our ankles to take a shower. Not to much fun if you ask me. I wedged the shower mat under the plug but that only took care of a little bit of the problem, we still showered in standing water which is pretty much unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
9 Thank Walty1
portland, or
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This Comfort Suites appears to be a cut above most Comfort Inns. The "suites" is an additional space w/sofa and armchair and desk--a good place to relax or work. The breakfast was the best I've seen in a motel--2 hot items with breakfast meats + waffles and assorted other breakfast items. Eating space is restaurant-like with booths. I also liked the pool which, tho' not huge, was adequate for exercise. Price was fair considering the comfort level.

Room Tip: The facility is off the main road, 9th, almost a block so choosing rooms at the back gets you a real...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for a one night stay while traveling through Oregon. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel looked like it has been recently remodeled. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Doreen C, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Corvallis, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am so glad you decided to stop in Corvallis while on your trip through beautiful Oregon. Thank you for your words of praise on our redesign. We want each one of our guests to feel at home here so a lot of time and thought went into the changes we made.
Once again, I hope your trip through Oregon went well and next time your in town stop in and see us again, because our goal is to keep up with the changing trends to preserve the feeling of a fresh and new hotel.
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel is really nice with super friendly staff. I love the free breakfast in the morning. The rooms are nice and big. The only thing I hate, is that I didn't get any points because I got my rate at a group discount. I stayed here for about 14 days and got 0 points because my stay was not eligible because of a mini group discount. I'm the type that saves points for all my vacations and corporate stays. I will not be staying with Comfort Suites again because I spent over $1800 (Paid by the company, of course) and received 0 points for it but people can stay 2 separate nights and already earn a free night stay. The commercial is a lie, stay at Choice Hotels and they will do everything not to give you points.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Doreen C, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Corvallis, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words in regards to our hotel and the many wonderful amenities we offer. I was disappointed to learn that you are unhappy with Choice Hotels Internationals rewards program. Please understand that when you stay at any hotel and receive a discounted stay through another program such as a group discount as in your case, we must also be sure our transient guests who pay full price for their accommodations that they are important too by offering them a way to earn rewards for their stay, and benefit for future stays. And remember, you will always receive your corporate discount when you stay at our hotel and the savings you earn form your discounted stays would be comparable to a free night.
By way of this explanation I hope that I have been able to assist you with your frustrations and enlighten you on how the Choice Privileges program works. I realize that this does not totally resolve your problem; however, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what were doing right what we are doing wrong and how we can improve.
Your patronage is very important to us, thank you for taking the time to share you concerns.
Sublimity, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed there 9/92012 after a wedding and found the staff from the laundry room to the front desk very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the only negative was too much furniture in a handicapped room. I'd stay again if I needed a room in Corvallis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
I was delighted to read about your kind words of praise. Given the nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thanks. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. It’s only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of our accommodations and services.
Again, we appreciate your kind words and suggestions. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit.
Doreen Cowan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corvallis
Hilton Garden Inn Corvallis
#5 of 10 in Corvallis
4.0 of 5 stars 81 reviews
Rodeway Inn Willamette River
Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo

Been to Comfort Suites of Corvallis? Share your experiences!