“Very Disappointed”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nice location fronting the Willamette river in the beautiful University town of Corvallis, Oregon. Our order consisted of a Bento lunch, green tea, Nigiri Uni w/quail egg and Udon w/chicken all of which were all extremely uninteresting hosting flavors inconsistent with any I've experienced in any other similar type restaurant i've dined in around the world. Poor value. Lousy tasting food with similar appearance. No chance of eating there again. Very disappointed!!! I will give them this...that our "one of two" waitresses during lunch rated about a B- given the restaurant had no more than 5 tables going at a time including ours. It looks like this place has been in business for awhile, but I wonder how???or better why??? (Addendum: the scenic view part of the restaurant was closed for lunch. We dined in the basement part of the restaurant.)

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is the second time in two weeks we have been here and I thought about the food every day in between. The Crunchy Lobster, the Newport, the Golden California and the Newton... Clearly I am obsessed. In all seriousness, this is the best sushi place in town.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We decided to try out this restaurant after hearing good things about the Sada's in Newport. It was great- good atmosphere, good service, and most importantly, good food. My husband had a hot pot and I had a bento box- both were delicious- the best tempura I've tasted, and the broiled salmon was good. We sampled some hot sake and sushi, and both were quite good. Even the wasabi was delicious. We went on a Saturday night around 6:30pm and only had to wait a minute or two for a seat.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

My co-worker told me about this place and he raved about it. He was right. You can spend as much or as little as you like. the bento box would leave anyone full and satisfied, but if you're looking for sushi, the variety is fantastic. the sake selection is excellent too, many to choose from.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

This place recently opened and I wanted to try it as the other sushi places in Corvallis aren't great.

Walked and and the place looked full. We were told there would be a 30-45 min. wait for a table, but were offered the sushi bar by the friendly hostess. We were happy to be seated there.

We ordered 3 rolls. There was a football game on the TV behind the sushi bar, but the sushi chefs were so friendly we just chatted with them.

The sushi was delicious especially the spider roll.

The only complaint is when you sit at the sushi bar it's hard to get a server to give you much service, but the sushi chef tracked someone down for us so we could get our bill and he even brought us more water.

Great experience. I will be back, but it's pricy so it will have to be a special treat.