“Nice Hotel in Corvallis”

Holiday Inn Express Corvallis
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel in Corvallis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I like this Hotel. It is well situated close to the restaurants of Corvallis and is always clean and fresh. The breakfast biscuits are super although the breakfast is pretty basic. The hotel overlooks the river and the golf course on the other bank. There are walks along the river you can take although sadly I had too much work to do and so didn't make the walk. There doesn't seem to be a huge choice of hotels in Corvallis and of the few I have tried I prefer this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly & the Hotel is in an ideal location backing to the river and a short river walk of 5 minutes to several eating establishments. Or you can get takeout and eat out on the patio! The breakfast was great too!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank travelCOLO
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I've been staying at the Holiday Inn Express (HIE) in Corvallis on a regular basis for the last three years. The HIE is right on the west bank of the Willamette River and the river-view rooms provide a great view. In the summer, it is a pleasant walk to a vibrant downtown scene.

It is close to the Hewlett Packard campus and Oregon State University.

The rooms are up to date as the facility just a underwent a major renovation. The staff has always been friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lafayette,CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We were on a four day road swing visiting colleges and stayed in this Holiday Inn Express in Corvallis for two nights while visiting OSU and UO. The hotel is located northeast of the OSU campus. It's sort of within walking distance (driving is faster if you are pressed for time and have a visitor's parking permit). UO is about an hour's drive south.

The room and hotel was very clean and pleasant, nothing fancy. Our room had a microwave and frig. Our room also faced the Willamette River which was very nice as we enjoyed watching the OSU crews rowing in the early mornings and late afternoons. The hotel is also located along a path along the Willamette (you have to take a slight detour immediately south of the hotel); so we got to go for a run one day and check out the dining options in town. The hotel has cookies at 8pm and make-your-own-pb&j sandwiches at 9pm which my family really enjoyed. There is also a free breakfast buffet (which my family enjoyed too) - it's the usual continental breakfast of juice, tea, milk, coffee, breads, bagels, cereal, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, bacon or sausage and pancakes (interesting machine that auto-dispenses the batter and cooks it on a roller). All in all this was an ideal place for my family for a few days. Our thanks to the friendly HIE staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This Holiday Inn blew my socks off! The staff was really great, from my pre-visit phone calls to the check in process and accommodating any requests we had. And the complimentary breakfast was actually really good! They had eggs and bacon, which were both really awesome to have as part of a complimentary breakfast. There was also a nice selection of cereal, yogurt, pancakes, and biscuits and gravy. They also had a complimentary PB & J bar and cookies every night. If you like food, then the above should be enough to make you want to stay here. There's also a tiny gym with two treadmills and an elliptical, which would be great to burn of all the PB&J you're going to be eating. My only feedback on the gym would be add in a little spot for some free weights.

The location was also really great, right on the river. My mom and I went out for a walk along the river, and it was really great being so accessible to that walkway and the downtown area. We had one river view room and one street view, and both were great. The river view was obviously preferable because it was a nice view, especially when sitting in the window side chair relaxing. Prior to visiting, I had read it can be noisy in the street view rooms. I didn't find this to be the case, though I imagine a room on the first floor might be a little noisier. One other note--I found the bed to be really comfortable!

All in all, great hotel. Nothing overly fancy, but everything you need for a few days in Corvallis. It was clean, everyone was friendly, and breakfast was an A+.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice clean rooms and good service. Winter time precluded enjoying the river but the downtown river walk and pubs are nearby for a summer visit. Our plans changed twice during our stay and the front desk was able to help us on both accounts!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HotelManagerCVOOR, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corvallis, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Corvallis!
Sterling, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

My colleagues suggested that I stay here while conducting business in Corvallis, largely because of the nice location. Despite presenting my frequent customer credentials the front desk staff put me facing the parking lot and street, instead of the river, even though the hotel appeared nearly empty. The room was clean, but smallish, reminding me of similar hotels in Europe and Asia; maybe that's what they are going for. Though extremely cold when I entered, especially the tile floors, the room did warm up nicely once I turned on the heat. The breakfast was standard; I did appreciate their effort to provide fresh fruit. The exercise area was sub-standard; I used one of the two treadmills (the other was in use) for less than half and hour because it seemed to slip a bit and the control panel did not appear accurate. There were no anti-bacterial wipes available to wipe down the equipment. I will need to travel to Corvallis again, so I'll be looking to see what the other business hotels have to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view.