Holiday Inn Express Corvallis
$89
$67
Priceline
$174
All reviewscookies and milkwillamette riverunderground parkinggreat river viewpeanut butter and jellybreakfast roomspaghetti factoryroom facing the riverclose to downtownwalking pathsmall refrigeratorflat screen tvhotel is locatedstaff was friendlywi fiin towncomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my second time to stay here and it was once again an above average HIE.
They have a great location on the river and you can easily stroll into downtown via the parkway river path directly behind the hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Typical hotel of this brand. Everything was comfortable and clean We paid up for the river view and were glad we did, but we didn't spend enough time in the room to say whether it was worth it. The full breakfast is great, everything from fresh eggs and bacon to pancakes and cinnamon rolls. The staff is super friendly and the pool is clean and warm. Nice garage parking area with elavator access for guests A good choice for a Corvallis stay. The downtown is fun to walk around and there are many good restaurant choices. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed three nights at this motel during a family gathering. We paid extra for the river view, which was worth it. It was hard to see it, however, as the bed was fairly close to the window. A better arrangement of the furniture would have been to have the sitting area next to the window. Our room keys suddenly stopped working part way through our stay. We were told they work for at most two days. It would have been nice to have been told that when we checked in. The provided breakfast was better than average for such fare, but not super.

Room Tip: The rooms either have a river view or a parking lot/street view. Thay are not large nor interesting to look at.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HIECorvallis541, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We will look into rearranging the furniture so our guests can better enjoy the view as the river view really is fantastic. Room keys are activated for the period of your stay. If you decide to extend your stay then all keys must be re-programmed to work for the extra time period. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

In early July I booked two rooms at the Holiday Express. One a King room and one with two Queens. Upon our arrival July 21st, I was told no two Queen room. Sorry. They did have a King room which was not acceptable. After much discussion I agreed to the King room with a roll a way. The 2nd night I was moved to a two Queen room. I later contacted the hotel in writing providing the manager with a copy of my initial reservation confirmation which "guaranteed" the rooms I had reserved. He told me he would deduct the cost of the first night's lodging after attempting to explain that a guaranteed reservation only means you will have a room - not the room you had initially requested. To date the cost of my room has not been credited to my credit card. I guess in the future when I stay at hotels, I will confirm my room each morning to ensure I get the room I had requested and for this hotel.....I'm not so sure I will be staying there again. Since I will be visiting Corvallis often, if I had been the manager I would have done whatever to ensure this complaint was handled in a more positive manner. I note that I am not the only person who has had this problem. When a room is guaranteed with a credit card, in my mind, the room is guaranteed. Had I not shown up, my credit card would have been charged so if I'm a little late checking in (4:30 pm?), my rooms should have been available.

Room Tip: ALWAYS confirm your reservation the morning you are due to arrive.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

As you now know, we have been in touch and resolved this issue to your satisfaction. It seems there was a miscommunication about room type. We have now refunded an amount more than the value of one room night to your credit card. We apologize for the misunderstanding and would like you to know that at Holiday Inn Express our goal of course is always complete guest satisfaction. We hope you will give us another chance to show you our hospitality.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

It's not the Ritz and it ain't particularly posh, so let's get past that right off. But the staff is super friendly, the room was clean and had all the necessary amenities, and there's a great low price per night (especially if you have AARP, AAA, or are military). I also got free Internet, a nice river view, and the hot, industrial and uninspiring breakfast...zero complaints, but I did say it wasn't posh. It's close to downtown and some decent eats as well as the OSU campus. All in all it's a great value and seriously, I was more than pleasantly surprised. A definite recommend for a short stay in Corvallis!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo