“Very Ordinary with a river view if you pay for it.”

Holiday Inn Express Corvallis
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed three nights at this motel during a family gathering. We paid extra for the river view, which was worth it. It was hard to see it, however, as the bed was fairly close to the window. A better arrangement of the furniture would have been to have the sitting area next to the window. Our room keys suddenly stopped working part way through our stay. We were told they work for at most two days. It would have been nice to have been told that when we checked in. The provided breakfast was better than average for such fare, but not super.

Room Tip: The rooms either have a river view or a parking lot/street view. Thay are not large nor interesting...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HIECorvallis541, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We will look into rearranging the furniture so our guests can better enjoy the view as the river view really is fantastic. Room keys are activated for the period of your stay. If you decide to extend your stay then all keys must be re-programmed to work for the extra time period. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

In early July I booked two rooms at the Holiday Express. One a King room and one with two Queens. Upon our arrival July 21st, I was told no two Queen room. Sorry. They did have a King room which was not acceptable. After much discussion I agreed to the King room with a roll a way. The 2nd night I was moved to a two Queen room. I later contacted the hotel in writing providing the manager with a copy of my initial reservation confirmation which "guaranteed" the rooms I had reserved. He told me he would deduct the cost of the first night's lodging after attempting to explain that a guaranteed reservation only means you will have a room - not the room you had initially requested. To date the cost of my room has not been credited to my credit card. I guess in the future when I stay at hotels, I will confirm my room each morning to ensure I get the room I had requested and for this hotel.....I'm not so sure I will be staying there again. Since I will be visiting Corvallis often, if I had been the manager I would have done whatever to ensure this complaint was handled in a more positive manner. I note that I am not the only person who has had this problem. When a room is guaranteed with a credit card, in my mind, the room is guaranteed. Had I not shown up, my credit card would have been charged so if I'm a little late checking in (4:30 pm?), my rooms should have been available.

Room Tip: ALWAYS confirm your reservation the morning you are due to arrive.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

As you now know, we have been in touch and resolved this issue to your satisfaction. It seems there was a miscommunication about room type. We have now refunded an amount more than the value of one room night to your credit card. We apologize for the misunderstanding and would like you to know that at Holiday Inn Express our goal of course is always complete guest satisfaction. We hope you will give us another chance to show you our hospitality.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

It's not the Ritz and it ain't particularly posh, so let's get past that right off. But the staff is super friendly, the room was clean and had all the necessary amenities, and there's a great low price per night (especially if you have AARP, AAA, or are military). I also got free Internet, a nice river view, and the hot, industrial and uninspiring breakfast...zero complaints, but I did say it wasn't posh. It's close to downtown and some decent eats as well as the OSU campus. All in all it's a great value and seriously, I was more than pleasantly surprised. A definite recommend for a short stay in Corvallis!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Fritz59
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I spent the night with my two grandkids (ages 5 and 18 months) at the Holiday Inn Express in Corvallis, OR. At check in we were invited to join their frequent guest program and were rewarded with bottled water for all of us along with a bag of microwave popcorn which we promptly made in our room.
Our room was a king bed suite which included a sofa bed and a reclining chair with a lovely view of the Willamette River. The room was clean, nicely decorated and had a microwave, sink and refrigerator.
Cookies and milk are served every night at 8 PM followed by peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from 9-11. A hot continental breakfast is served in the morning, including a pancake machine that makes pancakes in a minute! My grandson loved it!
The indoor pool was great fun and the kids had a wonderful time. We also took a short path down to the river where the kids had a great time getting their feet wet, throwing stones in the river and feeding the ducks.
The downtown area is a short drive and is charming.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had two rooms booked and prepaid, I called ahead twice on the day that we would be arriving to confirm that the rooms would be ready and to let the staff know that we would be a late check in, we were assured that they would be no problems that the rooms were ready and waiting for us. Upon arriving at 1am we were informed by the desk clerk Sam that they had to give one of our rooms to another quest but they would check half our party into one room there and the other half of us a half mile down the road at the super 8 hotel. She acted like it was our fault that this happened because we were a late check in, I informed her that I had called to let them know and that also the rooms were prepaid for. She was more suited to be working pumping gas at a service station then waiting on customers face to face. Not only was the super 8 rooms quite old but also dirty and the room rates were half of what we prepaid for the room at the Holiday inn, we were informed that since we opted for the prepaid non-refundable rooms that we would not be receiving credit for the one room that we were not provided at the Holiday INN. I would not stay there again the staff is improperly trained and the have no value for the paying customer.

Room Tip: We had two rooms booked and prepaid, I called ahead twice on the day that we would be arriving to c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Paul K
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Paul K,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is a good value and a nice place to stay. It's right on the river with a large balconey/patio over looking it where you can eat your breakfast on a nice day or just sit outside at a table. My two grandchildren spent one night with us and enjoyed the pool and spa (we were the only ones in it). Beds were comfortable and the room was veryclean. A large bus of students arrived one night and I expected some noise but was never disturbed on our third floor room.

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for a river front room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here end of June for a week, overall the hotel is in a good location within walking distance to downtown restaurants, bars, coffee places, but it is a little far from OSU campus (but in nice days a good 15-20 minute walk and you are on campus). The room was OK, clean and free internet. They also offer free breakfast which is good but I wish they could have some more variety of items (especially fresh products). Staff were always polite and helpful. Parking was also free. In summary, good place to stay and I'd stay here again when visiting Corvallis.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business