“Good, but some dishes not worth the pricetag.”
Review of Luc - CLOSED

Luc
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Luc is a market-driven, independent restaurant with hand-picked wines and a small, focused menu that changes frequently. Brian Parks is the chef and Adrienne Marler takes care of the wine program. Casual, friendly, and devoted to good food and wine.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went there and enjoyed a wonderful duck dish that was done to perfection and possibly unparalleled in a restaurant with the majority of the dished under $30. My counterpart ordered a pasta dish for around $20 that came poorly presented, and would have been disappointing at an olive garden. It lacked anything that could justify its presence at a classy joint like Luc. It was plainly prepared and really had nothing special in the ingredient list save for some good tomatoes and pasta. I give Luc 4 stars though, because the cheapest thing on the dinner menu, the duck, was out of this world, and worth a return trip on its own.

There are newer reviews for Luc

Reviewed September 11, 2012

A January culinary special drew us to Luc Restaurant a couple of years ago, but we've continued to return because of the excellent dining. My personal favorite is duck confit, but all menu items have been wonderful. We have been quickly greeted at the door and seated at tables and chairs reminiscent of grade school days. The waitstaff are both friendly and helpful, patiently explaining menu items whose names might not be familiar to the diners. Though the menu is brief, it changes almost daily, providing great variety. The wine list is local-friendly, and the creme brulée for dessert is "to die for." A room within the dining area provides an opportunity for a small group (perhaps 12-14) to dine together.

1  Thank ArtFromPhilomath
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went here for dinner and even at 7 pm it was busy on a Sunday night. The place is fairly small but they've worked out seating. Too bad only a large table is available with window seating which sat empty all night.

I thought the service was OK. We were checked on several times and the food came out when we asked.

We had 2 apps to start and then shared another app and an entree for dessert. I really liked their watermelon/tomato gazpacho. My friend did not, so I demolished it. The corn fritters were yummo but the aioli was flavorless. For dinner we had chicken wrapped around a pepper over succotash and then green beans with bacon. It actually was just fat, no actual bacon. I thought the chicken was OK. I thought the succotash was not good nor the green beans. They both tasted like they had been cooked in beef broth or something. Just not what I wanted to eat vegetable-wise.

We each had a drink. So many of their drinks are gin based and we don't like gin so we got one with champagne and it was pink and sweet.

The bread/butter was yummo and just the right amount. I like when they bring you a bottle of water so you can refresh without having to ask. Although at least one, our server did come by and fill us up on water.

Near the end the service slowed. All our plates had been cleared, but no bill was brought, no offer of dessert. Eventually she came to offer dessert and we wanted something to go, but everything they have is in ramekins, so not able to be taken out, so we went to Shari's for pie for dessert after.

Overall, I'm glad I checked this place out and because they have a seasonal menu, it might be worth checking online to see what they offer and see if it looks good and give them another try.

It also was interesting to see a black and white movie showing on the wall (no sound.)

1  Thank plaidbagel
Reviewed September 1, 2012

While driving down to the Oregon coast we looked up restaurants in tripadvisor. It was a very lucky break for us to find Luc! Delicious food and great value. The cheese plate is a must and the pork belly was delicious.
They ran out of pork belly after the second order was taken in our group. Halfway through our meal the chef sent a small portion of pork belly to our unlucky friend who was unable to order it as main course. They apologized for not having enough and did not charge us for it. When in Corvallis next, Luc will be on our list of places to stop!

1  Thank BoteroS
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were in Corvalis on a Saturday night. I called for reservations about 2 hours ahead. The food was imaginative. The menu changes daily, I think. for once the wine list was not food expensive.