“Not a bad park”

Book In Advance
More Info
$94.00*
and up
Portland Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing...
Ranked #6 of 13 things to do in Corbett
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We got here after 6 PM so there was no fee. We stopped so we could view crown point and the vista house from below. We also wanted to see where the rooster broke off from Crown Point

1  Thank M-F_Trackers
"sanctioned"
"picnicking"
"hikers"

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was anticipating a cool beach with an optional clothing area with people who weren't sexual, but then I came across many old men "stroking it" (WHILE LOOKING AT ME! I'm a teenage male! Probably the youngest person there.). Then also, I came across two men who were "getting it on". I'm fine with nudity as long as it's not sexual in a public place.

This place made me feel gross. It was as if it was a gay beach to hook up with other guys. I am not attracted to that stuff. I wanted to go for the sun.

The place, by itself, is really nice. Just the people who go there are not. And very creepy.

I HIGHLY ADVISE YOU: DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS STUFF! And plus, this stuff is illegal.

I'm just emotionally scarred...

23  Thank jhiker97
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I stopped at Rooster Rock State Park for a picnic lunch on our drive down the Columbia River Gorge during our visit to our daughter in Portland this past September. We parked on the west end and found a picnic table with a good view of the river. We had purchased sandwiches at St. Honore Bakery that morning and had bought some tribal smoked salmon at Hood River. There weren't many people at Rooster Rock that day and we had a pleasant picnic. It was only when I looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor recently that I discovered there is a nudist beach at the east end of the park. We didn't encounter any nude people on the coolish early autumn day that we visited Rooster Rock.

1  Thank Razorfish
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Clean, clear water, great swimming, feel awed by creation. Incredible rock formations, must see at sunset. Love the mud flats-we all had a ball.

1  Thank TinaJensen
See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a nice beach! I like the ocean but this far north the Pacific is mighty cold! This beach has very safe swimming areas and the water temperatures are great! Yes, you have to walk a short distance to get to the island and yes there is some mud. But the walk is worth it and the mud kinda feels good squishing between your toes. This is definitely a great place to bring the whole family. All the people who we visited with were very friendly. Very clean. No trash!
Great place to skinny-dip and get the tans lines removed. ;-)
The only drawback is that on the west end you must wear a swim suit. :-(
I highly recommend Rooster Rock State Beach.

4  Thank missairplanemechanic