“Good Breakfast, Comfortable Beds and Great Staff”

Best Western Holiday Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 26, 2011

For reasons I don't understand, all motels in Coos Bay are more expensive than one would expect, as is this one. But the staff could not have been nicer. My grandchildren live in town, and the staff has no problem with them using the swimming pool when I stay. The beds are very comfortable and the breakfast is one of the better motel breakfasts around. The location is central and in walking distance of good restaurant options. I come to Coos Bay regularly and this is where I almost always stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I had no great expectations when arriving for a business trip in beautiful Coos Bay, Oregon. I was aware that the town had no major chain franchises in terms of hotels or restaurants, so I was relying totally on my client, the owner of Coos Bay Yellow Cab, for guidance. He said to me "Don't worry about anything, I'm putting you in the Best Western." He was right as rain. What a terrific place! I have stayed in some 15 hotels in 15 cities since Labor Day, and this stay was the most memorable. Great room, great amenities, a fabulous hot breakfast- I could not have been happier. As it is an older building, the look is a bit retro, but for me, that was part of the ambiance. Walking distance to several restaurants, view of the river, and absolutely the finest staffed hotel in memory. By the way, I was there on business, but my host took the time to show me the sights. OH MY LORD! This is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in this country. Bring a video camera, a digital camera, and your significant other. Coos Bay is just glorious. The views from the cliffs are among the best I have ever seen.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank JoeRubino
Reviewed September 29, 2010

the room size was adequate, staff was friendly and responsive, breakfast was typical best western. this hotel needs a redo, it is shabby, carpets and walls are stained, was shocked by how derelict it was for the price especially since i had just come from a bw in redmond that was newer, cleaner, and in much better condition for $45 a night less, and went from here to the holiday inn expresss in newport which is new, cleaner and much better for $35 a night less. I had asked for a quiet room and given that this hotel is located between two major roads was given one in the center upstairs that was fairly quiet. It is centrally located with lots of local restaurants nearby, and across from the boardwalk (no shops tho). only stayed two nights would not have stayed more.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vaca0910
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stained carpet, felt gritty & greasy underfoot so wore shoes in room. Took bed cover off to lay on sheets and found dried oatmeal like substance on our sheets. Asked to have them replaced & the lady did. She changed the whole bed. After she left I saw black cat hairs on my son's pillow and there were also pubic hairs on the sheets. Wrote a friendly email to the Best Western web page and got a semi-nasty reply. They denied all and repeatedly said "Sorry you feel that way" in their reply. Very disgusted & creeped out. The price was $170 for two beds. At that price the sheets should be clean.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank pookanu
holidaym, General Manager at Best Western Holiday Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

We are sorry this guest was not happy with their accommodations. During their stay we had gone above and beyond to ensure they had a pleasant stay. This included leaving the pool open late for them, changing out their bedding when they requested. Offering multiple rooms to them to let them decide which was best for their family which took in consideration the rate (they paid less than stated). We could not verify the complaints they had but did everything we could to meet their needs. No stains visible on carpet plus the carpet in that room was just cleaned the week before. We clean the carpets a minimum of 4 times a year, once a quarter. The front desk person could not see what the guest was seeing on the sheets but gladly changed the bedding for them and offered if she could do anything more. She left the bedding bagged for us to exam, so we could see if we made an error in making the bed. We could not find a problem. We were unable to satisfy this guest as they were looking for a free room from the time they checked in. We couldn't verify the problems she claims she was experiencing but went ahead and addressed every one of her problems. It is unfortunate that we were unable to satisfy this guest.

We strive to ensure we satisfy every guest and train our employees that their job is to ensure the customer enjoys their room, our property, and their stay. We do realize we fail from time to time and our housekeepers can make a mistake when cleaning a room. When this happens we work to correct the problem immediately and have no problem owning the failure. This time we could not find that failure, only praise for our staff in how they handled the problem.

Thank you.

Reviewed August 30, 2010

The room was very clean and updated. The bed was very comfortable. Despite having a room that was right next to the road, it was quiet. It was very easy to find and centrally located in town. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was the best I have been to in terms of staying stocked, service, and variety. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We've stayed in another hotel on previous family reunions and glad we selected the Best Western this time: friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds, appreciated the micro and fridge, our end unit room was surprisingly quiet, and the great breakfast buffet saved us at least $20 a day!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Had a great time with the family there. Driving up the Oregon coast, this was just for an overnight stop, but the kids loved the pool and spa. The free hot breakfast was an unexpected bonus.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Plainview Motel & RV Park

Been to Best Western Holiday Hotel? Share your experiences!